I think Whitt has reached his coaching ceiling

Viewing 3 reply threads
      6 10

Utah#1
      Ute Fan
      @utebig12nattychamps

This bowl performance was pathetic! He had players that stuck around to play for the bowl and the coaching staff didn’t have them prepared for the game. I just think Whitt is almost out of gas. He looks like someone who just doesn’t have it in him anymore. The energy and fire is not there. Rising trying to keep it together on the sidelines, but Whitt looked confused and frustrated like he didn’t know what to do. What a way to leave the Pac-12.

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

I disagreed until I heard Whitts presser. Everyone to blame except Barnes apparently.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Well, what is the point in blaming Barnes? He’s moving on. Whitt is focused on making his players better. Barnes is no longer his player.

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

… is he moving on .. my fear after tonight is that he returns

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

After a performance like tonight’s, Barnes did himself a lot of harm. I sincerely doubt any top level FCS program would even be interested.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Whitt criticized the passing game during a sideline interview.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

So much like my criticism it is meaningless.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Has Whitt maybe lost the locker room based on comments from a few players about how the qb situation was handled this year? I don’t know the answer but after tonight I can’t think to help that this would seem more like a possibility than ever.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Jackson got told to switch positions because his coaches told him he wouldn’t make it as a QB. I mean that has to enter your mind after watching Bottari come in and in one completion outperform a transfer portal qb on one play.

Maybe Jackson is a much humbler individual than me. It is stupid.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Did you know that Jackson was like the #7 ranked QB in the 2020 HS recruiting class? I was shocked when I saw that because normally Utah would never be in play for a guy rated so high in any position.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Maybe you’re right. After all, he’s much closer to the end of his career than the beginning. I saw things this season that left me scratching my head and still don’t understand. If he is going to go, I’d prefer it would be sooner rather than later so he doesn’t tarnish his legacy. Personally, I can’t imagine him coaching more than 2-3 more years. I’m sure he wants to enjoy his retirement like most people do.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I think Whitt has reached his coaching ceiling