I’ll take an OC for two years if it means he Urban’s his way to a better job.

Viewing 5 reply threads
      6 5

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I love onlyu, but his logic is flawed. Give me an OC that puts up 40 a game for two years over one that stays for 5-10 years and gives me 30. 

I get we are not that excited for Ludwig. That’s ok. He’s not a sexy hire. BUT he’s not a bad hire. He’s a solid hire and maybe the best OC hire Whitt has made. 

BUT, I’d still take RichRod or Sark over Ludwig any day of the week. 

5 1

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Other teams already use the OC turnover to negatively recruit against Utah. Hiring someone who’s guaranteed to leave as soon as something better comes along isn’t going to help.

With Utah’s D give me an offense that can score 30 a game and we’ll all be celebrating multiple Pac-12 championships

4 3

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

BS. Hiring RichRod or Sark for two years would help a lot more than having Ludwig for 5. 

2 2

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Ohio State loses an OC every other year.  Almost zero effect on recruiting 

1 1

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Is Utah Ohio State?

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Should they aspire to be?  Or is Boise St more the goal?

2 1

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Aspire to be, yes. But this isn’t a question of what we want to be, it is a question of what we are. We aren’t Ohio State so we need to figure out what works and what will get us where we want to be. What makes our defense so potent is its longevity it hasn’t really changed much in nigh on 30 years. Our offense, that thing is a Frankenstein monster. We need an identity. We need to get an OC that will stay for 4 years and then find another OC in that same vein and keep it rolling until we reach the OSU level of things.

User Suspended
                @a2ute

Meh

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

About the level of intellectual rigor I have come to expect from you.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

30 ppg hasn’t gotten us a single Pac-12 championship, and it probably never will . . .

2018 = 30.0 ppg 

2017 = 29.5 ppg

2016 = 29.8 ppg 

2015 = 30.6 ppg

2014 = 31.3 ppg

4 1

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Utes need a rock star recruiter more than anything

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

“Ohio State loses an OC every other year.  Almost zero effect on recruiting” That’s maybe the worst comparison I’ve seen on this board. Unless you’re Alabama or Clemson, don’t do apples to apples comparisons like that. 

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

And you’re assuming Sark and RichRod are both Rock Star recruiters?

Sark has a very questionable recruiting past especially at Washington. He wasn’t at usc long enough to recruit anyone and wasn’t allowed to recruit while at Bama

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Sark recruited tons of people to USC in the decade he was there as an assistant and OC.

Sark also recruited the following players to UW: Azeem Victor (All-PAC LB), Elijah Qualls (All-PAC DL), John Ross (All-American WR), Keyshawn Bierria (All-PAC LB), Coleman Shelton and Jake Eldrenkamp (All-PAC O Linemen),

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Also, Sark and Tosh Lupoi were investigated by the NCAA for recruiting violations when they were at UW, and the NCAA didn’t find anything so no sanctions were imposed.

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Richrod/kwhitt would have been a game changer for Utah.  What could have been…

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

It would have been. And, hazarding a guess, if Utah had a better OC situation over these many years and been a little better in terms of production (as in not the constant turnover) I bet we could have snagged him.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I want coaches at every level to be doing so well that we are at risk of loosing them to better gigs. Next, I want to be able to replace them when they leave with a similar coach. This will never hurt us.
      Coaches that we need to fire or coaches encouraged to leave hurt us.
      Clearly, there are coaches in the middle. Don’t fear the first category.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

I thought he developed his case well. His logic is fine. You may not agree with that logic, but it was fine. I’m fine with you not agreeing, your choice, but that does not make what OnlyU said flawed.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Agreed

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’ll take an OC for two years if it means he Urban’s his way to a better job.