I’m hoping for chaos this weekend outside of our game.

Viewing 7 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Here is what I’d love to see this weekend.

Scenario #1 Utah wins.  I’d be happy with this and not wish for chaos but still would love to see it.

But the following scenario would still be interesting especially for Baylor/Oregon.

Scenario #2

Oregon wins (again I don’t want to see this)

Baylor beats OK State

Alabama loses to Georgia

Cincinnati loses to Houston

Michigan loses to Iowa

ND (they are idle so nothing much to wish for here)

Ohio State (Idle so nothing much to wish for here)

Then what happens?

Does Oregon jump 6 teams to get into the CFP?

If Oregon or Baylor finish 10-2, winning their conference championship, and get left out of the CFP for a 10-2 team which didn’t win their conference we’ve got problems. Would the committee really pick Alabama, Ole Miss, Ohio State, or Michigan over Oregon or Baylor? I think Cincinnati drops like a rock with a loss. 

In this scenario which I hope does not happen I think Georgia, ND, Baylor and Oregon are your top 4. Left out the BIG champ, ACC champ! And that might mean Utah to the Rose Bowl. But I’m hoping for the first scenario, Utah wins gets the Rose Bowl and we don’t have to worry. But the chaos!!!!!!!! It would be sweet.

If we win the Pac12 we’ll likely get Iowa or possibly Michigan with an outside chance of Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. I think I’d rather play Iowa.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

If Michigan wins, Ohio St. will go to the Rose (Mich to CFP and Ohio St. higher rank than Iowa who will drop more with a loss). If Iowa wins, they go to the Rose (B1G champ). Whether Michigan or Ohio St. gets another NY6 bowl (probable) depends, but neither will be CFP.

That choas obviously is improbable, but something like that would be needed for them to put the 1st 2 loss team in the CFP.

HCHooligan
      Ute Fan
      @hchooligan

Run that parlay by Vegas and $100 might yield you a cool mili.

Or combine the two and have Utah beating the ever living soul out of Oregon along with all your other chaos and Utah just might find itself in the CFP.

I think I’ll keep my $100 and just cheer on the Utes to beat the Ducks…

I’d be perfectly content with a Rose Bowl birth after all the team has been through this year. Come to think of it, I’m perfectly content with an outright south championship after all they’ve been through.

Rest assured, the team’s not content. Let’s just win this Fri!!

1 4

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I am always striving for chaos. 

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Magick scares some folks, I get that. Rest assured, the existence of objective truth is still in fashion at the moment.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Keep your children away from ecstatic dance and entheogens.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

In your chaotic scenario I think the CFP would be Alabama, Georgia, Notre Dame and Baylor.  Baylor would get in over Oregon because Oklahoma State is a one loss team that they would have beaten.  I don’t see an Iowa moving up that far but that would be the second most likely before Oregon as well.  Now, we don’t need to worry about any of this because Oregon is not beating our Utes, right?

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

This team better be p**sed this week. Bad showings vs Oregon St, SDSU, and BYU- all teams they very well should have beaten- is keeping them out of the playoffs.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

My wife went to Iowa, so the only scenario I’m hoping for this weekend are a Utah and Iowa win. She’s already cool with a rose bowl trip, but Iowa making it would be awesome.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Cincy won’t drop far with a loss.  Houston is a ranked team, and Cincy will only have had 1-loss.  They’d remain in the Top-10.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

They will drop down below most 2 loss P5 teams for sure which might get them out of the top 10.  

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m hoping for chaos this weekend outside of our game.