I’m so nervous about the game today

Viewing 7 reply threads

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

No, not that game… the other game. The ASU/Oregon game. I’m actually not nervous at all about Utah. 

ASU has a great RB. And Oregon’s defense just let Utah’s backup RB run for almost 200 yards in his first start. ASU has a great QB. And Oregon’s defense just got lit up by Utah’s backup QB making his first start.

In short, ASU lit up a top shelf Utah defense. Meanwhile, Oregon’s defense got lit up by a banged up Utah offense. 

So somebody please explain to me why ASU won’t hang 45 points on Oregon and win by two touchdowns? Speak peace unto my soul, please! 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

So far this year, ASU and Oregon have been vastly different teams at home (far better) vs on the road (far worse). The game is at Oregon.

But yeah, I definitely share your concern. Huge motivation for ASU + little motivation for Oregon (basically just playing for pride at this point) could lead to an ugly game.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

ASU is feeling great right now.  They think Utah is going to lose on the road to Colorado.  So they think they’re going to clinch the division in Eugene tonight.

But when Utah crusies past the Buffaloes this afternoon, the Sun Devils will suddenly be facing all the pressure of having to win out. 

It’ll be too much for ASU and the Ducks will beat ’em.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

Man, it’s rare that I read a thread where I agree with everyone!

GFAF: totally get where you’re coming from, legit breakdown

SU: I think you’ve hit the key point on the head: BOTH teams are very different at home vs away. Game is at Oregon

CU: exactly right… once Utes have taken care of business the pressure will be on ASU, which combined with road futility will be too much 

Book those trips to Santa Clara Ute fans!

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

Ah hell yeah!  Let’s do this!

Hoo Ray Who?
      Ute Fan
      @mattybumbo

How can we completely ignore the color scheme cycle? Analysis and in-depth breakdowns are great and all, but look at the uniform cycle: Utah wears the all white at ASU and loses. The very next week, Oregon goes with the all whites at Utah, and loses. ASU’s color scheme this week? That’s right. ALL WHITES. The cycle must complete. I don’t make the rules. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Oregon’s d will get 14 sacks.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Look at this way: who has an easier path to the P12 championship game? ASU or Utah?

All Utah has to do is win today against a reeling buffs team (at least that is all they CAN do because they must also hope for an ASU loss either this week or next week).

ASU has to win back-to-back road games against tough teams.

From the individual team point of view, Utah is in a much better spot than ASU.

Relax and just enjoy the games today. Odds are Utah will be the division winner by the end of the day.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Well Vegas has Oregon beating ASU and they are usually right so that might make you feel a little better.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m so nervous about the game today