I’m to emotionally invested in this team.

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 2

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Time to take a step back. I spend all week getting pumped up for the games I take the day off work so I can watch today and this is what I get. Time to reexamine priorities

I follow recruiting on both scout, and rivials 24/7 spring football, fall camp, tailgating, I have season tickets, even though my work schedule only allows me to attend only a couple games a year. I donate to the Crimson Club.

I feel I’m as much as a Utefan as anybody 

I’m emotionally drained I don’t feel I’m getting good return on my investment. Whit has a losing record at home in PAC12 play. 

These thud games are becoming all to consistant under Whit.

Call me fair weather if you want but I hung tough throgh the Fassel years and the 5-7 years under Whit 

OC after OC

Time to take a break 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I hear ya, man. If there is a silver lining to poor seasons like this, it’s that I become a bit apathetic and take a few steps back to prioritize what’s really important in my life.

My wife does not like football season because I’m not very pleasant to be around after losses. I’m not proud of it. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That may be healthy, but I think we all need to realize these are a bunch of 18-22 year olds, for the most part, and that this is just a game. Oh well, at least there is next week.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

I have to remind myself that almost every team feels this every year. Except for about 10 who make money from this and who are always in NY Bowls..everyone else is on a roller coaster.

Lots to be frustrated about…but while talent and coaching both factor in…health and luck do too.

I feel you today though…I really do. I am uninspired to watch anymore football this week. Perhaps I can get into the Halloween season and watch some horror movies the rest of the night..I was already primed for horror this afternoon 😛

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

For horror movies, I recommend “Cabin in the Woods” or “Tucker & Dale vs Evil”. Both are excellent, and also absolutely hilarious.

Add “Deathgasm” to the list if you’re a heavy metal fan at all.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Great recs. Tucker and Dale is a classic horror with an amazing twist. One of a kind movie. Cabin in the Woods has a cool twist too. 

Geralds Game on Netflix was really good. So was Hush. Housebound has some great jumps but is funny as well. It Follows was surprisingly good as well. 

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

I have seen all three and I agree. Also check out Slither (and listen to the song at the end), as well as a nutty irish import called Grabbers.

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Oooo, Slither is good one too.

New one on Netflix called “The Babysitter” is pretty fun and in that same vein.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m to emotionally invested in this team.