It sounds like Rylan Jones is headed to USU

Viewing 2 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Are we going to have any returning contributors next year or is it a complete rebuild?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I loved the Baby Faced assassin in his first season. This last season was tough for him. 

1 1

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I blame Larry for that.  Rylan will do great when he has the ball, space and a scheme to floor general…

Larry never really gave him that last year…

brandon Carlson amd Riley Battin are still back! (I hope..) 

cjd1
          Ute Fan
          @cjd1

Rylan’s injuries were also a contributing factor.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Yeah he had some kind of shoulder issue. Those can suck bad. 

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

I think Jones and Allen didn’t compliment each otr very well, IMO.

Jones was a very reluctant shooter and Allen wasn’t a very good outside shooter, so the spacing wasn’t there. Combine that along with they both are most effective with the ball at times provided a clunky offense.

I thought Allen was most effective running the point forward position, which negated much of what Jones would bring when they shared the court.

2 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Was Rylan a contributor last year? 4.4 ppg and 4.0 assists in 17 games. He definitely got the assists, but the ball didn’t really move much on offense, he seemed to pound the rock for much of the shot clock. Both incoming point guards (Jenkins 6’2″ and and Worster 6’3″) are bigger, stronger, more athletic and better all around scorers.  

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

We certainly need more ball movement and need to try to get shot attempts quicker.  Way too many 30 second violations and low percentage desperation shots to beat the shot clock last season.  ‘

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) It sounds like Rylan Jones is headed to USU