IT’S GAME DAY!!!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

The last of the regular season. Utah is unfortunately on the road against a decent opponent in Oregon. This is the last PAC 12 regular season game ever and if the Utes continue to play like they have so far, this could be bad. Let’s hope they forget they are on the road. GO UTES!!!!!!!! Roast the Ducks. PAC12 network at 5.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Dante is a little punk b*tch

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

WTF over? You get a rebound with 9 seconds and one time out left and the best you can do is Ben Carlson with a long 3 pointer at the buzzer? I say again WTF over? Why not call your TO and play for the last shot? Just another example of the absolute tomfoolery that passes for coaching at Utah basketball.

SOWhat
        Ute Fan
        @sowhat

Miami, I think that not calling a TO gave them a better chance of winning. They only had 11 seconds to get a shot off, Gabe drove down the middle with Oregons two best defenders in front of him. In 20/20 hindsight perhaps he should have shot when he passed the free throw line, but the two defenders were heading right at him. I think passing to Ben C, who was wide open, was the best chance to get the win, unfortunately his shot was a little long. Taking a timeout would have given Oregon time to set up the defense, making us take more time to get off a shot. Ben had a good look, but just barely missed.
        I think that the team showed a lot of fight to give themselves a very good chance to win, the shot was the best shot at the time to get the win. IMHO I think that calling a TO probably would not have given them a better shot especially without BC in the game.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Here’s the problem… you’re only down by one point and you settle for a long 3PT shot by a bad 3PT shooter? I get your logic but it didn’t play out like Utah imagined. Normally, what Utah did on the last play only happens if a team is all out of TOs. Why? Because in a situation like that you have want to give yourself a chance to win by drawing up your best play. Instead, we got a helter skelter rush up the court, with the ball ending up in the hands of a guy that was the 3rd or 4th option at best.

SOWhat
            Ute Fan
            @sowhat

I get your logic and I don’t necessarily disagree. I’m not sure what the college rules are for the timeouts taken off a rebound. I know the pros get to inbound at mid court, is it the same for college? If it is the same, then calling a time out is the correct choice. If they would have had to inbound at the end line, then I think they made the correct choice. Again, 20/20 hindsight, maybe they would have got a better shot and maybe not.

Minnesota Ute
              Ute Fan
              @minnesotaute

You can not advance the ball in college.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) IT’S GAME DAY!!!!!