It's hard to pick games during Week 2. Weird things always happen in Week 1.

Viewing 4 reply threads

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

If I’ve learned anything from years of binge-watching college football during the first week of the season, it’s that week 1 is full of anomalies.

Weird stuff always happens that don’t make sense by the end of the year. I think it’s why coaches always say teams improve the most between week one and week two. It’s like you have week one, and then you have the rest of the season.

Last year the game that stands out was Northwestern beating Stanford 16-6. I don’t think either team looked particularly good. As it turns out, Northwestern had a good season and Stanford had a great season. Makes you wonder WTF was going on in week one.  Washington State had a similar experience.

And the same thing in 2014. Virginia Tech beat Ohio State 35-21–in Columbus. Everyone wrote off the Buckeyes.  Ohio State went on to win the NC; Virginia Tech went 7-6.

But it’s not just upsets. Even when the better team wins in week one, they frequently look like crap doing so. But then in week two, they turn around and look like a totally different team.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

I wanna know who the hell picked tds this week?

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I dunno. Could be a TDS fan. Could be a TDS sympathizer. Could be someone who’s just nervous about this game.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Could be someone messing with us who plans to change it.

1 3

crazyute7
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute7

I picked ’em.  I’m not sure you understand how pick ’em works.  If I pick what everyone else does on every game, I will never win the competition.  Vegas seems to think this game is a toss up, so I’m taking a chance.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

Man, I’ll never understand why you love BYU so much.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

It’s fun to see the varying strategies develop.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Got it… crazyute7 should be crazycoug7…

I don’t care what the pick ’em prize is, I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER………………….

EVER….. EVER pick the nut punching tds to win ANY game, and especially not a game over the UTES…

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Wasn’t me.

But maybe someone recognizes that anything can happen in the rivalry, and is looking to take a chance for a possible 1-game advantage on everyone else on the board should the impossible happen?

Who knows.

juan know well
      Ute Fan
      @juanknowwell

I thought about picking BYU . . . but didn’t go through with it.

I am more afraid this week of the law of averages than anything else. BYU is due a win. That makes me more nervous than anything else. They have to win one eventually. Right?

I hope I’m wrong.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

don’t fall victim to the law of averages. If you flip a coin 6 times and it comes up heads every time it does not change the odds of the next flip.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I picked BYU.
      To suck.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Brettski.
Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It's hard to pick games during Week 2. Weird things always happen in Week 1.