Jackson found joy again

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Nice article about Jackson being moved to running back.  I suspect this may be a permanent move as long as Rising stays healthy this year.  I think Johnson is our QB of the future.

Jackson

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I wonder if he can catch? Could be good in the slot too. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yep.  Has the build of a tight end.

belli1976
          Ute Fan
          @belli1976

I like the TE thought. RB is more natural mid season transition. But would love to see him test the TE during the off season.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Blocking as a TE isn’t easy. Running routes and catching is the easy part.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

If he can catch he is going to be a problem for defenses. Fast and agile with a big body. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

John Madsen once told me how hard playing TE was in the NFL after moving from WR in college. He had the size, strength and ability but basically described it as a fist fight every day in practice…Some 260 pound DE who literally wanted to rip your head off everyday because his way of life and the lives of those around him (in most cases) literally depended upon it. He hated every second of it.

The mental toughness it would take to go to work every day knowing the guy across from you has to do everything he can do to basically physically destroy you is fascinating to me and one of the things that most of us don’t give a 2nd thought to.

Avg NFL TE is 6’4/250. Avg NFL RB is 6’/215…Derick Henry is 6’3/245 ish Fournette is 6’/230 about the same size as Saquon. JJ fits within that RB range and would be considered small at TE similar to Brant. He is also used to playing in the backfield with the ball in his hands and has the speed necessary to be incredible if he has the vision (which he does).

My bet is he gets nowhere close to the end of that O-line! Just a different animal altogether.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Go JJ. I want him to succeed so bad. He came here to play with his friends, and they were cruelly taken from us. He needs that joy back, and badly.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jackson found joy again