Jashua Allen 4* LB Colorado enters transfer portal

Viewing 2 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Allen was rated one of the top JC LBs in the country before MacIntyre landed him at Colorado. Sounds like he got lost in the shuffle with all the turnover of coaches.

But we were part of his recruitment so maybe there’s a relationship there that we could bring a talented, hungry LB aboard quickly?
      Jashua Allen 247 profile

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You can always use a 4* LB. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Maybe. I know this will get downvotes but does Utah really want someone that couldn’t make it at Colorado?

EastCoastUte
        Ute Fan
        @eastcoastute

naw, i see where you’re coming from @central. but maybe we can coach him up to getting a starting position?

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I appreciate your take Central. For me, I look at a guy like Francis Bernard who had a lot of talent but didn’t do much w/it at BYU-P. But bring him to Development U and he becomes a highly productive contributor on an elite D. It’s amazing what our coaching staff has done with low rated kids. Devin Lloyd came in as a low 3 star at .81 and he’s developed into a 4* talent IMO. Give our coaching staff a kid with a 4* rating of .89 and I think odds are he’ll thrive in our system. Just my 2 cents

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I won’t downvote you but the Buffs are not devoid of talent.  That has never been their issue.  Their coaching has been a trainwreck since we both moved into the conference but talent is not their problem.  I would take a 4* LB transfer from Colorado over almost any LB prospect in the state of Utah.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I appreciate everyone’s points of view and insights and normally I agree with all of you. Here’s my thinking, he’s a JC transfer and will be going into his senior year. Not sure how much time he’ll have to develop, two years tops but maybe only one. If the Utes bring him in for one year just for depth purposes, I can see how that would be beneficial if they have scholarships available. And if he comes in and blows everyone away, then that’s even better and it would just go to show that Colorado has been a train wreck.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Great point, Central, but if there’s one position that we need added depth that would be it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jashua Allen 4* LB Colorado enters transfer portal