JJ

Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Seems like lately all the smoke from Utah Twitter is that JJ will be back…

Which if true means we will have 1. JJ 2. Bernard 3. Anthony woods (Ala T.J. Pledger) for 24… Remind anyone of

Thomas, Bernard and Pledger from 21/ Rose Bowl.

Except JJ is way better than Thomas, Bernard is just better in general and Woods if he is pledger is amazing.

Add in Kuithe, Ryan, King (AKA Dalton Kincaid clone) with a healthy CR. Oh My Goodness.

Would love one more WR. But, Not sure we are getting that.. Too expensive. But (Parks, Pittman *healthy, Mcclain) isn’t bad although with those guys.

Plus, I really feel like the line will be better next year. Fano was a baby and now will beast mode next year. Toigi graded out very high this year and played a ton (There’s our tackles both playing in the bowl game. We have our center and Hm guard (Mokofisi back)… Which just leaves one guard spot with plenty of dudes including, Kump and Moaei a former 4* RM kid who coaches have been raving on.

Whit said there will be more transfers. My money is on losing few OL guys and maybe a few more backup recveivers. I hope no one else major.

Not sure if Ghost or ONLYU have any insight.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

“JJ is way better than Thomas [from 2021]”
      Hmmmm
      I think he could be. Is he right now? I don’t see 21 touch downs.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I don’t know how anyone could realistically say that, performance wise, JJ is better than Thomas. If you look at JJ’s full Utah career, it doesn’t even really equate Thomas’ 2021 season when he rushed for over 1100 yds and had 21 TDs. Maybe from a potential POV JJ can be better than Thomas, but that hasn’t translated over the course of a full season.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Haven’t heard the JJ return is a sure thing, but chances are better than they were last weekend. The uniform pics were taken prior to him notifying staff of his decision, so I wouldn’t use that as evidence he’s back. I think discussions with people outside of the program have helped. A lot regarding benefits of being somewhere you’re already an offensive focal point vs trying to break in somewhere new. Utah has money, but it’s also tough to compete with schools who were giving players 💰before it was cool. There’s been an influx of former Duncanville players (JJ’s high school) transferring to SMU. So the playing in hometown with hometown guys factor is something to take into account. Woods addition helps (source: “he’s a freak”), but JJ leaving would sting (regardless if you think he’s better than Tavion or not).

Wayy to thin at WR right now. Pittman and McClain are talented but have documented durability concerns. Parks is reliable but not a WR1. Losing out on Chris Brazzell and Josh Kelly was a real downer — especially with how well Brazzell’s visit went. There was real optimism there. Thank goodness for Throw-BLC (Brant, Landen, Carsen)

1 1

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

not even past the bowl game and people are already projecting out the best possible outcomes for 2024. didn’t anyone learn from 2023 that there are going to be obstacles and sometimes, the team just won’t be able to overcome them?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.