Just made it home

Viewing 1 reply thread

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

From my perch in the NEZ, It appeared that Barnes was throwing to his right on most of his passes. It seemed like OU had extra coverage to that side and there were several times 1 or 2 receivers were open to the left. Barnes seemed to be passing up early throws when receivers were open. The O line played timid at best. Our D never got pressure on Nix, almost never slowed the run down and the secondary couldn’t cover anybody. I think the whole team was drunk on all the pub they got from beating SC.
      I think they are better than this and hope this wakes them up a little anyway.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Love Barnes’ grit, but he doesn’t really checkdown. There were many occasions were a receiver was wide open and Barnes never looked that direction. He also never steps up into the pocket and let’s the rush go by him. To his credit, he seems to be learning when to throw it away though.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

He’s a lot like Bo Nix, when Nix started out at Auburn.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

And you can add Penix and DJU to that comment. There’s a reason why Nix isn’t playing in the SEC and it isn’t because he outgrew the conference.

alUmnUs
            Ute Fan
            @alumnus

Because Auburn has no patience. Look what that’s doing for them.

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

He was a starter there for 3 years and never showed anything close to what he’s done at Oregon. Unless you think Harsin was finally going to unlock his potential that he couldn’t their first year together, Nix moving on was the best thing for everyone involved.

The Miami Ute
              Ute Fan
              @themiamiute

Before 2008 jumped in, I was about to say that Nix had 34 starts at Auburn. That’s a huge sample size for a QB playing for any one team in a major conference. If you don’t think so, then I don’t know what to say to convince you.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just made it home