Keys for a Ute Win

Viewing 2 reply threads

utahby05
      Ute Fan
      @utahby05

Offense : ExecUTE in the Red Zone. Their Zone D gives yards between the 20’s. But, we need TD’s, when we get into scoring position. And their D is stingy in the Red Zone. 

We’re loaded with play makers and I’m so glad we have C. Brewer. His ability to read defenses, along with his poise, & confidence, are top notch. He’s accurate & has great touch on his passes. He seems like the perfect QB to lead Utah into a loud, hostile environment. Need the O Line to do their job. 

Defense : Stopping the run is always job 1, for a Utah D. Also, cannot let their QB get comfortable.

Special Teams : just do your job

Their fans want to Rush the Field. Need to get this win & Kill the Zoobs Big 12 buzz. 

Go Utes !!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I just learned what your username meant today. Very cool.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

What? Never heard of Tom Barberi?

utahby05
        Ute Fan
        @utahby05

Thanks Man!  And btw : thank U for your service in the Military.  #Gratitude

Bill Marcroft was the voice of the Utes for 38 years, calling football and men’s basketball games. I could be wrong, but I believe Bill coined the phrase, “Utah by 5.”

So, it’s just a Cool saying and is my go to Prediction for any Ute football games, that are expected to be close, tough games. 

Hope that is Not the case tonight. One of my best Rivalry memories was from 2011. That is the year Utah laid a 54 : 10 BeatDown on the Zoobs in Provo. I loved seeing Zoob fans filing out of Their stadium, early in the 3rd Qtr. That was Epic !

Utah has more talent than YBU. So, as long as Utah doesn’t give up multiple turnovers, I see Utah getting the Win tonight. But, it will likely be another battle. Almost always is… 

Go Utes!!

OldAsDirtUte
          Ute Fan
          @oldasdirtute

Bill Marcroft might have coined “Utah by 5”, I don’t know.  But Tom Barberi of KALL radio certainly was the one who popularized it.

Tom also had other agendas, such as trying to legalize adulthood in Utah!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I just want our boys to stay healthy. I’m not sure if BYU-Provo Campus is still Cheap Shot U, but I still don’t trust those guys. If we win the game by 50 and lose a key contributor, it’s going to feel like a loss to me.

I swear…I hate this game. It’s all so pointless.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Sitake runs a cleaner program than Roscoe.
        It is very pointless. Unessential you might argue from a 2020 viewpoint.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Keys for a Ute Win