Kuithe

Viewing 5 reply threads

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

Saw this on Twitter this morning. Seems to be just a rumor at this point, but it wouldn’t shock me if it’s true. I still find it odd that in his interview with Bill Riley a few weeks ago I seem to recall him indicating that he knew which game he would be back for. But all signs point to him not playing another snap for us. Really a bummer. Some on this board have made the comment that it may be best for his NFL aspirations to sit out this year and focus on prepping for the draft. In my opinion, having not played in over a year and with his injury history, I doubt he’s on the radar for many teams if any. I hope I’m wrong and that he finds himself in the league, the guy is a beast when healthy

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

He was on the sidelines of the Weber State game, but he hasn’t traveled with the team this year. Whether or not he comes back with us is any bodies guess.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

He was in Texas for the Baylor game.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Good grief. Last time to hear from Kuithe he had the bad cold that has been going around, the 10 day to 2 week thing that is awful. If I take him for his word I would expect the last thing the football team needs is anyone that is sick with the team.

3 2

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

FWIW, I had also heard that he has decided to move on from the team and focus on his future. I also heard that Cam and another player had to be separated in the locker room Friday night after an argument got pretty heated. Obviously just all rumors, so take it with a grain of salt.

1 3

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

And there it is. Too many different details have now pointed to it this week, Cam has lost the locker room.

I’m hesitant to think that so many in the fanbase feeling strung along by Cam and a player getting physical with him in the same week, heck practically in the same few hours is coincidence. It tells me that we’re more than in the ballpark of the truth in how we’re framing the discussion around Cam.

This is a huge problem. I wrote in another thread that the only way Cam can pull out of this by himself is to go out there and ball out. @alohaute pointed out that even if he comes out and plays only ok many fans might forgive him and I think that might be the case so long as we win enough. But I can say this for absolute certain, if he comes back and is putting in mediocre work the players will not be so kind.

There’s nothing more insulting that to be giving it your all and watch someone else not do the same, and perception is everything, especially if they’ve been holding your success back this whole time. There’ll be the perception that “look how hard we’ve worked and what we’ve paid to get you back in pads with a shot at the CCG and this is what you give us.”

We have a really pivotal bye week here and the coaches have their hands full repairing potential rifts. It will not be easy, and there is no guarantee it’s not too late. In fact I strongly suspect it is. Cam is well and truly out of time.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Do we know Cam lost the locker room? I get that many, including Cam, want him to s**t or get off the pot. It may be possible for him to make everyone feel that way without losing them. However, everyone including Cam, I think, feel we would be better off with him on the field. But to your point, this can be the case at some point in time.

I don’t know if Cam has practiced without a brace. I have no idea if that is part of the goal. It is possible for some to play with a brace, I wonder if Cam feels he can. We went thru similar waiting with Covey and were eventually rewarded. I want to assume Rising is working very hard until we know that is not the case.

Either way, I agree the Cal game will be a very big indicator of who will play the following 4 games which is key to the season.

RoboUte
              Ute Fan
              @hamplate

Do we know? No. But where there’s smoke there’s fire.

Think about it this way. You’re on a football team and you’re in the locker room with the whole rest of your team in earshot. You choose to get in a physical altercation with not only an injured player, but your quarterback and your team’s biggest star. You could lose your football career doing some s**t like that.

You think that player did that thinking no one had his back? You think he did that knowing it would turn into him vs 100 other dudes? The fact of that even happening at all tells you all you need to know. The biggest hands-off dude on the team and you get into it with him? Whoever did it thought there was a damn good reason. Cam didn’t even play that day, hasn’t played all year. Why is a teammate so mad at a cripple that just sits on the sideline? Personally I think the answer is pretty obvious.

Or you could assume it was a total coincidence, and Cam just insulted the dude’s dead mom or something, that’s possible. But I know which bet I’m taking.

bopahull
                Ute Fan
                @bopahull

Actually where there’s smoke there’s even more smoke. I contend that none of us, certainly not me, no jack s**t about what is actually going on. I guess about all I can do is continue to watch my Utes and hope for the best.

1 2

RoboUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @hamplate

“Actually where there’s smoke there’s even more smoke”

There’s a reason that’s not the saying…

“I contend that none of us, certainly not me, no jack s**t about what is actually going on”

Fortunately not true. A number of us in here have program connections. I personally have a family member in the coaching staff. Insiders post here, other’s have relationships with other players and staff. You can plunge your head into the sand and assume the bad bits are always wrong but the unfortunate fact is that ‘s not the case. In this instance I hope it’s wrong because there’s no silver lining.

bopahull
                    Ute Fan
                    @bopahull

If you have ever fought fires you would know what I’m talking about, and hearing about it from a friend or a family member or anyone else that “knows” is still hearsay and still doesn’t mean you know s**t.

1 1

RoboUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @hamplate

I’m a little interested in your extreme dedication to skepticism. Surely you thumbs down OnlyU when he posts right? It feels weird that you never tell him he doesn’t know s**t.

1 1

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

People love to talk about culture, family, brotherhood, all pulling in the same direction.,, but the truth is that there are ~ 130 personalities in that team room. They can put up with one player or a group of players getting preferential treatment, whether perceived or not. But once the one(s) getting the benefit aren’t producing, previous slights get brought back up in a hurry.

Rising has a weekly radio spot, he’s getting the most endorsements, he’s getting the press clippings about how the team can’t get it done without him, he’s giving the interviews on how much he is doing to coach everyone up. People are still calling him the alpha of all alphas.

I guarantee you that everyone in that locker room wants what Rising has. They don’t begrudge him when he’s the leader. But when he can’t lead, he’s just another voice and not necessarily someone the others feel like listening to. Especially right after a tough loss. It could easily be someone that wanted to be mad getting mad at him or it could be a sign of resentment. And chances are, we’ll never find out.

ReconUte
      Ute Fan
      @reconute

The rumor about a fight with Cam in the looker room is false. Nothing happened it’s made up. Cam will be back for Cal.
      Kuithe is 50/50 as of today.
      Telling you what I know from a very reliable source within the program. But that’s all I can say without violating that trust.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Here’s hoping.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Lawd what a stupid rumor. Probably the same idiot who started the rumors on Utezone about Rising not wanting to come back.

The Rising Cam
      Ute Fan
      @tyrusaurus

Just checked on the Cam locker room rumor with a very reliable source that has access to multiple staff members & players.

No one had a clue about it & shot it down immediately as a false rumor.

This same source confirmed full details of the TT, JJ, & JG incident last year that lead to TT’s dismissal from the team, so unless they’re covering for each other this is completely false.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

I agree Rising Cam. Rumors are rumors. Whitt has stated multiple times that Cam is the “Alpha Dog”. He will play when he is ready. People posting on this board that had ACL’s have stated 9 month minimum and 12 month being the norm.

Cam knows his body better than us. His team mates see him everyday. We all had high hopes Kuithe and Cam would be ready for Florida. I was on that bandwagon. This is top level college football hard to perform if you’re not all there mentally and physically.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Unfortunately Kuithe and Rising need to speak for themselves otherwise anyone can fill the empty space with anything. Double unfortunately, it just is not the Utah thing to update everyone on injury return details. Will this downtime be an adventure or can it be a common bye week?

EMUte#2
        Ute Fan
        @cbanders5

If I were the coach, if Rose is ready to go split first team reps between him and Cam. Rose has a hell of an arm and is extremely accurate. You have to see what you have in him. If Cam is ready play him. But you have to wonder. How sturdy will Cam be if he plays. You also have Mack Howard as well. I would still use Nate in some packages. He is too athletic not to.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’s exactly the problem @charlie, when there is no information the fans fill in the spaces. Often times what they fill in is wildly inaccurate.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.