Lanning is just like Whit when it comes to injuries

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He won’t say anything specific about Nix and the injured offensive linemen.

“I’m not going to share really any update with anyone,” Lanning said. “We came away dinged in that game. I will say that I feel lot more positive today getting to hear some news on where things are at right now.”

I guess most college coaches are mum about injuries today.  They want to have any advantage they can get.  Whit said recently, “Unless they change the rules and force me to give updates on injured players, I won’t do it.”

I get it.  However, as a fan, I would like to know the status of our players.  It is what it is.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

The only way it will change is if pressure was to be put on the betting lines in Vega. 

Totally agree as a fan it’s always nice to know and if you want on putting a big bet in.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

To clarify, the question was about injuries in general – QB, starting center and starting right guard. So cannot decipher if the positive news applies to a particular player, or the group at large. Media could learn more on Tuesday when their members get a chance to see a portion of practice. Regardless, I hope all the players are doing well, and we beat them at full strength.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Even if coaches are forced to report injuries, KW will masterfully respond with his classic answer that won’t answer the question. I personally appreciate the mystery of who is or isn’t playing and really as a fan or media hack goes it’s really none of our business on the health status of 18-22 year old kids. KW as a seasoned head coach is very good at using injury information or non-information as a preparation strategy, also shows he’s protective of his Utah family. TT is a perfect example of a family managing through tough times showing compassion than setting rebound expectations. The life lessons for TT and the other Utah players on managing life struggles is priceless. I get a kick out of how KW handles most of the SLC media clowns who don’t give a rat ass about the players begging for a story line to accumulate social media views.

Because of Lanning’s lack of experience and the increased UO media exposure compared to Utah, KW does not allow, we will may have a good idea of UO’s player injury status going into Saturday’s game. IMO, a big understated advantage Utah has going into this game is coaching through pressure situations on Utah’s side. Utes win this one IMO.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Unless the players themselves  want to disclose their medical history I see nothing wrong with refusing to answer questions on the subject.  

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lanning is just like Whit when it comes to injuries