Larry Scott told ESPN he is shooting for the end of October

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I hope this is true.  We could play 7 games by Dec 12th and a championship game on the 19th.

I hope they can pull this off!!!

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

That would be GREAT to start that soon, but I wonder if the CA & OR schools not being able to practice at all will extend that start date.

Sadly, I think Oregon was the only team with a realistic shot at making the playoffs but several of their starters have opted to sit out for the NFL draft.

Lost Ducks

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Latest estimate seems to be Nov 7. 

UtesRock
          Ute Fan
          @utahrockon

That’s my only daughter’s wedding. I hope we are away I’d hate to miss it. Lol 😂

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

You mean miss the wedding? yeah. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

“Sadly, I think Oregon was the only team with a realistic shot at making the playoffs but several of their starters have opted to sit out for the NFL draft.”

I don’t feel the slightest twinge of sadness, hearing that the duckels are having a hard time.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Oh I don’t feel bad for Oregon. I feel bad for the conference.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Agreed. The Pac-12 is certainly the joke of the P5s.

1 2

UteHorn21
      Ute Fan
      @utehorn21

I’m sorry, but if you only play 7 games in no way should that team be eligible for the college football playoff.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

What are your reasons for that stance?

1 1

UteHorn21
          Ute Fan
          @utehorn21

That’s 30% less games than the Big 12, SEC, and ACC. How is that fair what so ever? The B1G only playing 8 is already too few. It’s not any other conference’s fault the B1G and PAC have weak leadership that is constantly waffling on making a decision.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Do you feel that the CFP selection committee will not be able to make a proper decision, if there are teams that play only 7 games? The first CFP rankings come out when some teams have played 7 games or less.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

And, to be clear, if Utah, say, went 7-0 with a Pac-12 Championship Game win, would you argue that we shouldn’t be included in the CFP?

UteHorn21
                Ute Fan
                @utehorn21

I guess that all depends. If they’re being compared to a 8-0 or 10-0 team than no. This really shows how inept college football really is…. 5 major conferences only 4 playoff spots. It’s a failure before it even got started.

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

There have been several attempts to come up with a competent system. I, too, believe that the current CFP system is lacking.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Further, if teams play 9 conference games the league champion SHOULD be in the CFP, regardless of any losses they may have.  

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

This would warrant an expansion of the current playoff. I agree wholeheartedly.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

It’s only 7 games if there isnt any cancellations. I wouldn’t bet on the PAC 12 playing 7 games this season if they start October 31.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

And, college football is not ‘fair what so ever’. There are the haves and the have-nots. Utah fans are painfully aware of that fact.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

What a crazy world, huh?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Larry Scott told ESPN he is shooting for the end of October