Line Play

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utecity
      Ute Fan
      @utecity

Got completely dominated on both sides of the ball. Offense going 3 and out nearly every possession did our defensive line no favors, but still. Pathetic and disappointing showing from the Utes today, but this Oregon team is legit. It really felt like the coaches did not have the team well prepared for this game, talent and injury disparity aside.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Same as last year.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m not sure what’s going on with the OL. This was supposed to be a strength going into this season but it has severely underperformed. Compare that to Oregon’s OL which had four new starters from last year. That OL completely dominated the Utes’ front 7.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Last time I saw Utah’s DL that bottled up in a game. Against OSU in the Rose Bowl. No penetration, hurrying the QB, or tackles for loss.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

You got it. I mentioned during the in-game chat that Nix looked like he was in a rocking chair in the pocket. Did we even have one TFL during the game?

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

The problem is that they aren’t good at either run or pass blocking so you can’t lean on either. 3rd and short, 4th and short the runner is getting hit in the backfield. But they keep running those plays as if the line is getting 6 yards of push.

Interestingly, the one 4th down they converted today was also the longest pass of the game. Sometimes you have to try to fool the other guy, especially if doing what he expects isn’t working.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.