Locked on gators

Viewing 5 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Thought this was an interesting set of takes as far as a gator perspective for their advantages. I particularly thought his takes on diabate were interesting and our oline were interesting

video

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

This guy is an absolute twerp!  Why anyone give one solid crap about anything he says is beyond me.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Thumbs up for using the word “twerp”

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This guy is a homer and you know what – that’s fine.  He wants Gator fans to listen and they want hope. BUT

His logic that the Gator-run defense is going to be better because the two guys in the middle (leading tacklers) are gone – makes absolutely no sense.

Utah’s offensive line was bad against SDSU last year – so Florida will destroy them.  If he had done his homework – he would have known that the Utes had injuries with the Oline early in the season.

He claims that our safeties won’t be able to cover the deep ball.  He has Bishop and Hubert playing safety and fails to mention two-time FCS all-American Isbell.

He claims Barton will likely be a starter against FL and because he is a true freshman – he will be destroyed.  Well, first of all, I think Reid and Diabate will be the starters and we have a ton of other guys in the mix.

I do agree that Florida has two advantages over Utah.

1. The humidity.  It is daunting and it will help the Gators.

2. The Utes will struggle preparing for the Gators because of an entire new coaching staff.  However, he fails to mention that it is always difficult for a team to execute a new system.  That is an advantage for Utah because we have 8 of 10 coaches returning as well as the majority of our starters.

He is a homer and is biased.  Nothing can be learned from this video because he is only trying to appease his fan base.  Nothing wrong with that.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I would have zero confidence against a hungry veteran team while you are installing a new coaching staff. But if you make s**t up you might as well compare your strength to True Freshman.

Ute_tastic
      Ute Fan
      @ctbo139pk

I just thankful that he didn’t stand up. I did NOT want to see him is in his jorts.

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

I don’t follow his logic…

– We won’t be able to expose their terrible run D because, as pointed out above, their 2 most experienced LB’s are gone? Pretty sure Oregon had/has arguably the 2 best LB’s in the nation, TT ran for 94 & 63 yards in those games, not great but not terrible.

– We won’t be able to stop their DE with our O-line, even though that same O-line twice completely neutralized Kayvon Thibodeaux, who was arguably the most talented DE in the nation. To top it off I recall they used the TE’s a bunch to stop Kayvon… the same TE’s that are back.

It’s like wiping before you poop – it just doesn’t make sense.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Uninformed and uneducated

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Locked on gators