Looking ahead..

Viewing 4 reply threads

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

First off I just would like to say great win by the Utes over West Virginia, although our offense looked sloppy at times and our redzone touchdown woes continued we won and finished the season above .500.

Looking to next season we lose 23 seniors. The most notable being: Boobie Hobbs, McCormick, Luafatasaga, Fulks, Carrington, Tauteoli, Fitts, Mokofisi, Falemaka, Uhatafe, Fakailoatonga, Lotulelei.

With losing so many key pieces on defense, what are your honest expectations for next year win wise? 6-7 wins? 
      EDIT: I saw this on ESPN, they obviously had it listed wrong, my apologies. It had Gay listed as a SR and LO listed as a senior as well.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Lo is back. So is Gay.

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

we also have 7-8 returned missionaries coming back including Covey. Personally, I think next year should be better

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

The defense should be way better IMO. Fotu is as good as Lowell or Moko. On Oh-fence, Covey adds a spark that’s different than Carrington.

1 1

uteman12
        Ute Fan
        @uteman12

Yeah I was going off of ESPN, I can’t rely on them anymore haha.

Link Here

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

We actually return 7 of 11 starters on defense and 8 of 11 on offense.  We return all three “specialties”.

Next year we should see a HUGE improvement.  I would expect us to win 9 games and more importantly win the South.  If we don’t win the South next year, I would assume that many would question if Whittingham will ever be able to do it – his seat would get a little warm to hot IMO.

New QB at USC – we have them at home
      New QB and Coach at UCLA
      New Coach at ASU
      UW at Home

It’s setting up nicely.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

New QB at WSU. New coach at Oregon. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Bwahahahahahaha. We return 75% if our starters, which is insanely high. We will be one of the most “experienced” teams in the country. 

If Darnold and Rosen declare, we should be favorites to win the south. 

9 wins should be the floor next year if Rosen and Darnold leave. 

Also, Scalley is quickly becoming a top tier DC. It wouldn’t shock me if Tedford gets a P5 job next year and Scalley heads to a school like Fresno St. Next year might be our “it all comes together and we get a little lucky” year. 

Go full zoob Utah fans. Go full zoob. You only get chances like this once every ten years or so. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Our schedule is damn tough again, except the last game.

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

I really think our coaches will have a tough decision for that last game.  Rest the starters and don’t risk injury and get ready for a PAC 12 Championship game or play them.

I for one would rest them.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Is it bad that I’d rather win the Rose Bowl over losing in the first round of the playoffs? 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Hahaha, go full zoob! We’re only talking about the likelihood of a special season based on returning starters, depth, coaching turnover, key players being drafted, etc.. Not a national championship run, not a Heisman contender, just stoked about the opportunity to win our division and play in our conference championship if a few things go our way. No zoob here! 

So excited for next year. 

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Gay is only a jr. He will be back.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looking ahead..