Looks like we are stacked at defensive end

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I hope these guys can pile on the sacks in 2022.

Defensive Ends

2 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Thank you for this article. It excites me to, perhaps, see a return of our stifling defense of yore.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yes it has been “weird” to have a somewhat average D. We are spoiled no doubt. 

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I sure hope so. I was disappointed in how little pass rush we generated in a few games last year. Probably among my top concerns going into this season.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

IMO…concerns should be 1. Keeping Cam healthy. 2. Not having more than one WR go down and 3. FG when it matters.

DE and DT were bright spots in camp. Lots of options based on situation and 3 4.5/40 guys.

Significant and playable depth at every other spot.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Three 4.5/40 defensive ends is amazing.  Many running backs are not that fast.  Are they big and strong enough to stop the run?  I have heard great things about O’Toole.

Any word on the backup QB?

EmersonUte
          Ute Fan
          @blpace

I trust OnlyU on the things he says are worries.  I have 4 things I worry about – and maybe I shouldn’t.  Talk me off the ledge:

1) offensive line game 1.  I know we’ll be great by game 6.  But how about Q1 of game 1? (aligns w/ keeping Cam healthy)

2) wide receiver play in general.  Can we generate a consistent deep threat that we haven’t really had in years?

3) getting pressure from DE.  

4) play from the 3rd linebacker in game 1.  Again, by game 6 I love where Medlock and Barton should be.  But if Florida’s light on WR and we want to stop the QB and the run, we’re probably 4-3 a lot right?  So Daibate, Reid, and then somebody else.  Hoping that 1st quarter of game 1 is looking good there.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

I think your concerns are valid and number 1 made me laugh when I first read it. But, I have never known OnlyU to be wrong when it came to our Utes.

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

That lack of pressure from the D-Line was clearly evident in the The Rose Bowl unfortunately. Corners can only cover future NFL receivers for a certain period of time.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

That was a great learning experience going against tOSU’s OL for those players returning this year.

I don’t expect us to have a repeat performance this year, particularly w/the other DEs progressing how they have…..Tons of speed in this group, allowing us a ton of flexibility.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looks like we are stacked at defensive end