Mitch Wish

Viewing 2 reply threads

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Thoughts on Mitch. 

What happened to him last night? Was it me, or were his kicks shorter than usual and less accurate? He also had that one bad shank (maybe it was deflected, I couldn’t tell). 

I hope he gets it still, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t get the Ray Guy this year. I feel like his average punt length (albeit just one metric) must not be great this year. He does have some crazy # of pinning teams behind the 10 yard line though. 

I also feel like the competition has increased in punting. Hackett was the best thing since sliced bread and now everyone has a Hackett or Mitch Wish, hence more competition. 

Would love to see a Guy and Groza this year. Go Utes! 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Yeah, he was off last night for some reason.

I also suspect we’ve punted less this season, so his numbers are probably not like they were last year. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He had two shanks and both looked like he was puning standard instead of soccer style. I’m not sure if that’s because the D was rushing his right side or what.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Wish wants to play in the NFL. 

Rugby punters don’t play in the NFL. He will come back for his SR season and we will see him punt more traditionally to show he can punt in the NFL. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.