More Bam love

Viewing 3 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

HAAAANs on 1280 the zoob wasn’t even impressed a little from his juco film. One of the few times I wasted on the radio listening to him.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Hans is great I think

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I kept flipping past 97.5 and they were ranting about that Zoob player. He signed with an agent I guess and now he wants back? Sometimes the ncaa gets it right imo if you sign with an agent you are no longer a student. 

5 1

Staples
            Ute Fan
            @staples

Nope, in my opinion the NCAA got this one wrong, at least in the severity of the punishment. New rules allow for a player to sign with an agent (at least in a limited capacity) and still return to school. The problem in this case was the paperwork wasn’t filed properly (probably not helped by the Cougars coaching turnover at the time.) He owned up to the mistake, paid back the benefits he received including interest, and they still nail him for 1/3 of his senior season. Sorry, if this was a Ute we’d be up in arms and with good reason. I could see getting him for a game or two, but given the fact that he tried to make things right once he realized the mistake, 9 games just seems excessive. But that’s the NCAA we know and love.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Dont get me wrong I believe the ncaa should be abolished. I am apathetic to the plight of these kids I guess. Even if it happened at Utah I just can’t get upset about it anymore. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I’ve watched all of the clips I could find on youtube of Bam and I have to agree with Haans. I’m not an OL expert but he’s rough to me. Lot’s of wiffs on blocks, lots of walking, blocks and circles around the defender and doesn’t really drive through the block. Has potential but he isn’t Pac12 ready based on clips that I could find. He’s getting by on sheer size and strength but didn’t see much technique.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

But in other news, the DNews is reporting that Whittingham called Olaseni “big”…

…but “out of shape”.

Hopefully, he’s a fast adaptor to conditioning required of the O-Line position(s).

GO UTES!!!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

“The kickers are still jockeying for position,” Whitttingham said. “If they don’t separate themselves in three or four days I’m just going to have to cut one out of the herd just on gut feel.”

-Coach Whitt

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Give Bam a year before passing judgment. He’s got a steep learning curve and Doug Elisia ahead.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I think he has a redshirt available?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Garrett Boles was also very rough around the edges when he arrived. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He also had issues all year long but he was so physically gifted sometimes that makes the decision for you. 

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Garrett Bolles had also played football before. It’s a relatively new sport for Bam

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football More Bam love