My thoughts on the game

Viewing 2 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Overall I will say this. That game means nothing. We aren’t playing for a playoff shot. We are playing for a Pac12 championship, and at least we know now that Brewer is bad bad bad.

– Our offensive line is bad. Slightly less bad when the defense goes into prevent mode, and Rising is at QB. Harding is definitely getting canned by the end of the season.

– Brewer: Just like I said multiple times in the offseason, he was always just as likely to be Bentley 2.0 as he was to be anything better than that. Guess what? Bentley 2.0. He’s a slightly more accurate passer with a noodle for an arm, and he is completely void of any emotion whatsoever. He seemed happy to be on the sideline, like he was relieved to not have to worry about another head injury. He is washed up, and shouldn’t play another down.

– Rising: I mean, he wasn’t clealry better than Brewer in camp supposedly. I think that assessment was accurate. He is better than Brewer, but only because he cares about football, and his teammates more than Brewer does (at least outwardly). He has guts, and he has escapability. He is a slightly better version of Bentley. We’ll win a few games if he stays healthy. If he doesn’t, we win maybe one more game all year. Having Rising in the game allows us to stretch the field in mutliple ways on pass plays. He clearly has a stronger arm than Brewer. He threw the ball farther than Brewer can on a play where he had to throw it super high, and his arm got hit. He also has the ability to stretch plays out, and run for positive yardage with his feet. I’m glad Brewerently got his shot, but he isn’t the answer.

– Defense: I will say that it’s got to be hard to keep trying down after down when you have a guy like Brewer, who has no relationship with the team, and took your guy’s job, leading (or attempting to lead) the offense. Other than that… Meh. Coaches supposedly said Moala (the injured one) is unblockable, clearly he is not unblockable by non-Ute offensive linemen. His injury is a big meh. Our defensive tackles rarely get any push, and our defensive ends rarely get any pressure… and we rarely blitz. Hopefully that changes when we play a game that actually matters.

– Special teams: yeah, it’s finally time to get on the Redding hate bandwagon. Not that I hate him, but he’s not the answer at kicker, he’s the Charlie Brewer of kicking. Covey is the only reason we were anywhere close to winning that game. Our punter is nothing special either. Never seen anyone double clutch on a punt like he did (on the one that was almost blocked)… His nerves are going to be a problem. Kick coverage is still crappy.

Coaching: Yes, Harding deserves to be fired. Ludwig? I don’t know man, I gotta believe that he knows how to beat constant blitzing like that. So what does that mean? Our only hope is that he’s holding certain plays out of the playbook because he/Kyle really want to unleash it all on USC and finally get a win there before Kyle retires. I really hope that is the case, but I highly doubt it. Kyle seems burned out. I love the guy, but if he isn’t hardly going to get excited about going into OT after being down by 2 scores, he should probably think about retirement. I’ve been burned out before. He is burned out. You just get to the point where you feel like what you are doing isn’t important anymore. He looks like he is at that point.

We got a turnover on defense for once, that was cool. If we don’t get a lot more of those, we are going to stink stink stink stink stink.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

If they are still holding plays out they all need to be fired.

2 1

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

1. You have some excellent and VERY valid points.

2. I get the feeling you are giddy about tonight’s results.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Lol, my family isn’t getting that feeling.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My thoughts on the game