Troy Williams HS coach not happy. I wonder if Hollandale HS Coach is happy?

Viewing 4 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I feel bad for how it played out for Troy, but who knows. It is a long football season and he still may get significant playing time.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I think it’s safe to say he absolutely will get significant playing time. As I’m frequently saying around here, only about 20% of FBS starting quarterbacks start every game of the year. And I imagine that number is even worse for running QBs.

Sorry to p**s in everyone’s cereal. Football is just a violent game.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

I will further your statement by saying that perhaps the only PAC-12 QB who will start every game this year is Sam Darnold. Everybody else is subject to injury, and Sam is just a bit more durable than everybody else.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Huntley’s coach was on with Riley recently. He’s excited. Talked a lot about how Huntley CAN run better but he’s a great thrower. Said in south FL, Huntley was a consistent top 3 passer statistically. 

His SR year he threw 40 TD’s and 5 INT’s, if I remember correctly. 

I keep harping this tune, but I don’t know where this idea has come from that Huntley can’t throw. It’s false. 

As for Troy’s coach…suck it up man. Troy wasn’t good last year. He was beat. Troy has shown the right way to handle this. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Three of his kids are starting as sophomores. I’m sure he’s thrilled.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

His coach has the wrong mentality unlike Troy who feels he needs to keep grinding.
      I have already said this but a senior should have left no doubt who was better in Fall Camp.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Here’s the thing. Troy Williams was the #1 rated dual threat QB out of HS his Senior year. Why haven’t we seen the dual threat part from Troy Williams?

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

He sprained his MCL in the 3rd-ish game of the season last year, and never quite got back to full strength. He seemed too tentative running the RPO after that, and thus was ineffective in the dual threat game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troy Williams HS coach not happy. I wonder if Hollandale HS Coach is happy?