New post-spring CBS Sports top 25.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

We’re moving up. Without a PK I’m worried.

New CBS preseason top 25

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

12th.  That is higher than I expected, hopefully we can live up to that.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I don’t even want the team to read into the hype. Focus on winning forget the noise. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Seriously if we’re ranked near the top ten, and the season starts and we win, and beat SC in LA, then we are in CFP territory. You have to be preseason ranked to have a shot at the Natty.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Perfectly positioned. If we take advantage we could be in the playoff.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This does put us in a position to compete for a position the CFP.  If we were to go undefeated, we would surely make the CFP unless the entire PAC 12 colapses.

Do I think we will be in the CFP? No, I do not.  I am only saying that it postions us nicely to compete.  

We have some nice players coming back; but appear to have some weaknesses  which I suspect will be exploited.  Without a strong offensive line, I beleive it is extremely unlikely that we can compete for a position in the CFP.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised by our line and that we find a kicker.  In the end – I suspect we will be a 9-3 or 10-2 team and ranked about where we are now.

Go Utes!!!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Two years ago we did not know Johnston would not work out and did not have a backup plan. This year we do know Johnston will not work out and have a chance for a backup plan. We got lucky two years ago, this time around we have more time to form a backup plan. I don’t expect to be as lucky, kicking may not be a team strength, but I do expect that we can find a replacement that will at least make kicking neutral for the most part relative to other Pac teams. I don’t expect to have a bottom quarter PK in the Pac.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

I hope you’re right.  Prior to “King Louie”, we had a long stretch of BAD Kickers on the hill.  I’d hate to revisit that era.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New post-spring CBS Sports top 25.