NIL money question.

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Who is the person(s) running this general fund?It doesn’t seem like it is done with the help of the coaches. Is there a GM now or some front office managing the various funds?

I guess my question kind of got put into my brain because @Charlie insinuated that JJ wasn’t good as a value proposition and paying Glover with Bernard was better. If so that it is interesting but also alarming. The manager of large amounts of money essentially have more power than head coaches or assistants?

UtahFootballGM
      Ute Fan
      @uofusportsguy

If by “General Fund” you mean the university sponsored fund and that is the Crimson Collective. However, the team gives a wink and a nod about how the money is allocated.

Dog luuver26
        Ute Fan
        @dogluuver26

and to that – the answer is no one. They fired the guy in charge back in Sept after he didn’t raise enough $$ by a certain date and never replaced him

UTEopia
        Ute Fan
        @uteopia

Jeff Rudy is the individual employed by the Athletic Department involved in attempting to promote NIL donations.

Dog luuver26
          Ute Fan
          @dogluuver26

yes in a roundabout way but no one is directly in charge of the crimson collective at this time

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I think Jackson’s potential is very high, however some may adjust that value down some if the athlete has injury issues. Others may not make adjustments off of potential, I just think that is a possibility some will. I also like Bernard a lot but it is also possible that his max value is reduced by not being available this year. Myself, I think Bernard’s absence was profound given his versatility. Utah’s NIL may not support max NIL for one position. But everything I mention is a guess.

As for the NIL, as I understand it is separate from the University. Its new and has little structure. Of course the collective wants to operate with the same priorities as the coaches but neither can tell the other what to do. If or when they fall out of step with each other I can only imagine ugly.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

SMU had to way overpay to get him. At a certain point your cost to talent level just gets too high and we cut bait. Probably didn’t help that he’s had injury problems. We need the money to go pay a WR

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I would be uneasy spending a lot of $$$$ for Jackson given he has been quite injury prone. Seems to come right back each week (for a quarter or two) but seems a season-ending event is inevitable.

But wherever he lands, I wish him a healthy productive season.

As noted we need to get some playmakers at WR and THROW TO THEM once in a while.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc NIL money question.