RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Do we get a NIT invite?

3 2

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

does anyone care about getting an NIT invite?

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

IDK I like extra basketball even though it doesn’t matter.

JasonCole
          Ute Fan
          @jasoncole

Yes the Utes will get a NIT bid
          Still holding out for a NCAA bid (we can dream until Sunday LOL)

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

It our first post season appearance in a while, so you should care. Everyone claims they don’t see progress, well, this is progress.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

After over a half decade with no post season play at all, making the NIT is a slight improvement. I think we’re pretty much a lock to get a bid, not sure if we will get a seed high enough to host a game or two however.

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

I think the Utes were improved this year and competitive. Not a good road team, otherwise we may have made the big dance with a few road wins and a better showing in the tournament.

I would like to see them play a few more games, and get a little extra experience for Keita and Lovering. Also, a the exposure for Carlson may help his pro prospects. I appreciate Carlson for coming to Utah and staying through some tough times.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The Utes were also the worst free throw shooting team in the entire PAC 12. If they would have just been mediocre instead of plain bad, they would have easily won at least three or four more conference games and made the tournament without drawing sweat. They really have only themselves to blame for the situation they find themselves in.

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

I’m not hating it! The Utes were the last pairings announced during the ESPN telecast, but if you watched closely the highlights before that last segment included a dunk by BC so that was a pretty good “tell” that the Utes would be in the field…and the coach commentator gave an impassioned defense of continuing to play if you’re given the opportunity for the same reasons FB coaches still support the bowl system – more player development time, last time some guys will ever play, etc…and as always, Go Utes!

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

Player development is a little harder argument to make when it comes to NIT vs bowl games. Half the field in the NIT will be done in a couple of days. IF you make a deep run sure, but otherwise its just an extra few days. Bowl games give you a month of extra practice at least.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.