No longer a Jazz fan. We all knew this was coming.

Viewing 5 reply threads
      4 7

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Danny Ainge new director of basketball operations at the Jazz.

No thank you Ryan

3 3

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

If he gets utah a championship, ALL will be forgiven.

4 3

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

LMAO, like he did in Boston as their GM?

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

When will Jazz fans realize that the Jazz aren’t winning a championship? They will always be a playoff exit team. Mitchell is the only player on the team that is championship material. He will finish his contract, realize he’s not getting a ring in Utah and then move on.

McBride of Frankenstein
          Ute Fan
          @mcbrideoffrankenstein

yeah small market teams will never like Utah, Milwaukee…. oh wait..

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

Milwaukee has arguably one of the top 5 players in the NBA. Mitchell is good but nowhere near Giannis.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

You may want to read this book.  Feel free to research the author and his research.  The Jazz will not win anything unless it benefits the league.  End of story.  

2 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I did not like Danny when he played down south.  He was the kind of player you hate if they are playing for the opposition and love if he is your guy.  He was an arrogant kid when he played at BYU.  I remember him telling Pimm to sit down and shut up.

That being said, that was 40 years ago.  He has a great basketball mind and no one knows the NBA better than him.  I don’t think this is a bad thing.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Always hated Danny when he was at BYU and even with the Celtics, but lots of respect for his work ethic.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Surprised they haven’t ran Alex Jensen out with all the BYU cronies Ryan has hired.. Still haven’t quite made up my mind with some of his decisions

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Tell that to Tree Rollins.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

Some of the moves he made or didn’t make towards the end of his tenure with Boston nearly got him lynched by Celtics fans.

6 1

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I stopped being a fan long ago.  The hypocrisy of the NBA on almost every subject is too much.  Let alone the way games are ‘set up’.  It’s just a very expensive way to be entertained.  

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I’m with you, Pedro.  I checked out of the NBA 20 years ago, and with a Zoob owner and Zoob GM, that pretty much put the final nail in that coffin.

8 3

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

Dumb. Who cares where he went to college – as long as he helps us win (and draft better!!!!).

He’s had a lot of misses…

But trading back to draft Tatum over consensus number 1 pick Fultz was genius and he took a lot of flack for the J Brown pick – but looked how that turned out. Found NBA players with mid round/late round picks. He has a good eye overall for talent…something we need!  

1 1

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

That Gordon Hayward contract didn’t work out well for the Celtics, did it?

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Wow, Hayward suffered a huge injury in game one.  Ainge could not have predicted that.

DrJazzy
          Ute Fan
          @docute

Somebody beat me to it – fluke Hayward injury completely changed things. A team with Tatum, Brown, AND healthy Hayward probably is close to a title contender. That being said, Tatum and Brown were super young when they signed Hayward. Him being hurt yr one probably gave them additional roles/responsibilities that helped them in long run. Jazz would have signed Hayward for more money (they offered him max money/max years) so…

4 2

MtnUte
      Ute Fan
      @mountainute

Who cares about where he went to school. If you’re a Jazz fan this is great!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA No longer a Jazz fan. We all knew this was coming.