Not thrilled that Utah is on this list.

Viewing 3 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

10 teams with the fewest number of returning starters combined with having a difficult schedule.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/05/worst-case-scenario-cfb-teams-toughest-schedules-least-returning-starters-2017/

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Yeah our schedule is INSANELY hard. 7-8 wins should be the expectation. The only way we do better is if Taylor can become a miracle worker with our QB’s. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I’m not buying what they’re selling. Our DLine is retruning: Lotulelei, Mokofisi, and Fitts which are 2-3 year starters. The 4th guy on the D-line will be just as good or close.  Luafatasaga is back, Tauteoli is back, Barton is back. Chase Hansen is back.  That’s 7 guys back on a Utah team that is known for defense. 

In the end, it will be up to Taylor to determine a 9 win vs. an 11  win team.  – IMO

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I could see that but our schedule is so tough I’m bracing myself for much less.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

What they are also not considering is that we sent 4 O-Linemen into the League but the ones we have now were all very highly ranked recruits.  Guys like Barton, Paulo, Capra and Dixon were all highly ranked recruits.  Add in Uhatafe, one of the best guards we have ever had at the U, and Lo Falemaka and I think we will be just fine at OL after a few warm up games in non-conference.  I am still most concerned about our WRs and I wasn’t impressed with any of them in the Red and White game.  I also think Cooper Bateman will eventually be our starter at QB and we redshirt Huntley.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Totally agree on Bateman. Taylor was almost gushing over him on the KUTV interview with Dave Fox. 

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

When was that interview?  I’ve known Coop since he was a Gremlin in the Ute Conference.  He has had an arm since he was 8 years old.  My son was his left tackle all through little league and then Coop split and went to Cottonwood because Murray’s football program was in the toilet.

He is also extremely smart and should pick up this new offense rather quickly.  Also look at the coaching he has received at Alabama over the past 4 years.  You can’t put a price tag on that.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

We face four potential first round picks (Rosen, Darnild, Falk, Browning) including the #1 and #2 picks (Darnold and Rosen). 

Thats insane. Odds are, there are four losses right there. Add in Stanford and Colorado? 

Nine regular season wins would be a miracle. If we beat one of the QB’s and one of Stanford and Colorado, that’s 8 wins and a GREAT season. 

2018 should be our next best shot to win the south. 

1 1

TheJuggernaut
          Ute Fan
          @thejuggernaut

The only way we’d play Falk is if Wazzou wins the North and we win the South.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

We play Washington State toward the end of the year. We miss California and Oregon State, the two worst teams in the PAC-12. Another reason why this schedule is so tough. 

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

We play Wazzu at home November 11th.

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

I don’t expect any wins this season. Do I hope for them? sure.

His thoughts are not bad though. Many Pac 12 teams are more experienced and we will have relatively young team.

If we win 6 games I’ll be happy.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Not thrilled that Utah is on this list.