Now I understand why Barnes is Transferring

Viewing 3 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Turns out he’s already graduated but has two years of eligibility left. If he wants to continue playing football as a starter, make a little NIL money, plus get a free Master’s Degree then moving on is a good move.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

And PT. He, if all goes well, wouldn’t have played much next year behind Cam.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That’s right…he wants to be BMOC. Having that Utah degree prior to transferring, I think, was key on his move. Oh well, I’ll always have his Pig Farmer T-shirt.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Wait, there were people that didn’t understand why he was transferring when he announced it? It made perfect sense when he announced. He’s not going to be the starter next year, he’s not going to be the back up next year, so why stick around? He’s proven he’s good enough to play somewhere so if he’s not going play here, then he should transfer.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I didn’t understand it UNLESS he already had his degree from Utah. Barnes is not even good enough to play in the XFL so he’s going to have to prepare for civilian life. In that case, leaving Utah without his degree to go to a lower academically ranked G5 or FCS school didn’t make sense to me. This, especially since he’s a guy who’s probably going to live his life in Utah. I hope it works out for him. It would be a total bummer if he was to transfer to a lesser school and then not win the starting job. Nate Johnson was his only real competition at Utah and we know how that turned out.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

That’s cool that he has two years remaining. He knew where he was. He knew Utah was going to do everything Utah could to make it so he didn’t see the field again. And that’s ok. He isn’t good enough for Utah. But that doesn’t mean he sucks.

He would be a very, very good G5 QB and a great FCS QB.

Utah Tech would be a great place to be a QB in my mind. Go to the playoffs, maybe win a National Title. Have some well dressed ladies around. Good times. I’d really consider that over fighting for a spot at a G5.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Now I understand why Barnes is Transferring