Now this is what I’m talking about!! Way to go Pres Randall!

Viewing 7 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

But how could Utah negotiate out of this clause that all the other schools signed if they were so desperate for a life raft according to the Zoobs’ silly narrative?!

This is just further proof that Utah was the crown jewel of the 4 corner schools as was reported, the “dream scenario” for Yormark…and everyone knows it!!

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Correct you are MDUte! This one is going to require some Gold Medal Olympic level mental gymnastics to reconcile zoob nation’s adamant narrative that Utah was only invited at the insistence of Tom Holmoe/ybu-p.

And especially seeing as how desperately they’ve been trying to bury the fact that even after having played a full season in the Big XII, TSPP will still not be receiving the “full revenue share” that Utah will be starting off with come July 1st.

So I guess right now, the narrative as it currently stands is that Holmoe/ybu-p had accepted a “partial” revenue share, and a 99-yr contract for themselves, but personally saw to it that Utah would get a “full” share right out of the gate, and be exempt from that burdensome 99-yr leash.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Hahahaha! Thank you Tom for advocating so hard for Utah…we would be nowhere if not for you!!

Bwahahahaha, they’re so stupid!!! I thought it would only be a matter of minutes before ClownBoard was refuting it….ClownBoard attemps to make sense of this

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

And here’s the contract comparisons between Utah and Colorado:

B12’s Rushed Deal to Sign Colorado

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

Holy smokes, this is fantastic news! Gives better options once additional realignment occurs.

Glad they are playing chess and just not panic grabbing desperately. Because it was scary that we could had stayed with Or ST and Wazzu situation

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

They’re going through all 5 stages of grief right now on Cougarboard, it’s great

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Love it! It’s funny how one of them is trying to convince everyone that the 99 year agreement is meaningless. It’s one other penalty that would have to be negotiated and paid in the event of an exit. In the case of Texas and Oklahoma, it meant 2 years worth of lost revenue ($80M/each) that needed to be paid or negotiated and settled with the conference. Ultimately it got negotiated down to somewhere between $30M-$60M in addition to the penalty of breaking the GoR’s early.

$30M extra might not be that big of a speed bump to Texas/OK who are flush with cash. But to a school like Utah, that’s a considerable amount that they won’t have to worry about if they were to leave the B12. That’s not meaningless but Zoobs never have been big on details when it doesn’t fit their narrative. Details behind OK/TX leaving the B12

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

So I doubt this is as significant as we Ute fans think it is and it’s certainly way more significant than BYU fans think it is, it’s somewhere in the middle. But what it does show is that Utah has great leadership and vision. They know what they want and where they want to be. From Pres. Randall, to Harlan, to Whitt and the strategists and support staff behind the scenes (including Lawyers). It’s a dang fine institution with an incredible athletic department.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I agree the 99 year thing doesn’t mean you have to stay for 99 years, but it’s a big reason why UT and OU had to wait so long to leave the B12. CO wasn’t able to secure it, but Utah was. It’s unknown on the Arizona schools but if I had to guess AZ is probably more like CO and ASU is a toss up. This is a bigger deal than you’re making it out to be. Utah could be the only one in the conference who hasn’t signed onto it.

2 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It’s not that big of a deal at all. All it does is make the team that signed the 99 year deal pay a penalty to leave. Utah won’t have to pay that. Any team can leave, they just have to pay. Utah doesn’t.

But it is hilarious. It always hilarious when reality breaks through the fantasy bubble around that corporation and their little minds can’t handle it.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

30-90 million seems like a big deal for me. That is money that could be spent somewhere else in the future.
          It also adds value to Utah in the new super conferences.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

No brainer that whatever Poo poo fans say is wrong.

This is hilarious. Is Utah the ONLY school to not have that in their contract?

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

No word on AZ/ASU yet. But all others have the 99 year term in their agreements.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

This exemption may only apply during the pre-admission period (pre-Aug 2024). I don’t know who tweeted this response (original author?) and I don’t know what to believe.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

The language says that we won’t be bound to that 99-yr term unless we agree to any changes. So all we’d have to do is “not agree” to be bound by the 99-yr term, and *poof* we’re in the clear.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It is utterly hilarious and absolutely ironic the lengths BYU fan will go to find the truth when it comes to some things and be so willing to close their eyes and whistle to blatantly obvious truths.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Now this is what I’m talking about!! Way to go Pres Randall!