Observations from Twitter

Viewing 2 reply threads

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I saw a tweet asking who your ally fan base would be. I perused the comments and saw a lot of Oklahoma and Ohio State fans naming Utah an ally. There were a few people from other fan bases saying the same but not as many as those two. I’ve observed from Twitter that Oklahoma fans have been cheering us on ever Loncoln Riley defected to USC, but did not know OSU fans liked us so much. Just thought this was interesting and thought I’d share. I’ll share the link if anyone is interested in checking it out.

FWIW, I did not see one person the TDS was an ally.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

I’ve seen a lot of B1G fans who feel a bit of kindred spirit with Utah – fans of Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio St (and also apparently Maryland there).

Think it’s a stylistic thing, that Utah plays a more Big Ten style than most other teams outside the Big 10

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yeah I saw that Terp fan too. But yeah, I’ve always like specifically Iowa’s brand of ball. With SC going to the BIG, I think I’m going to be cheering for a lot of current BIG teams to win from now on.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

We played an amazing game against them but they won, AND, our victory against USC in the champ game last year got them into the playoffs. That is why they consider us an ally.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Observations from Twitter