OH NO IT’S ROAD GAME DAY!!!!!

Viewing 8 reply threads

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Let’s hope our UTES can put it together on the road. The last 2 games of the season are roadies against the Oregon schools. Oregon State at 9 on ESPNU. GO UTES!!!!!!!!

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

From what I’ve seen the Utes have been projected as a “First Four Out” or “Last Four In” team from most Bracketology predictions. I think we have to win this game to have any chance of staying in that range.

5 3

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

C Smith coaching for his job tonight.

You don’t lose to OSU, Stanford, Washington, USC on the road and get swept by ASU and keep your job.

A loss tonight eliminates any chance of an at large bid and probably eliminates them from NIT consideration.

That would make this season a complete and utter failure. No way Smith survives that.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Winning today and one or more games in Vegas massively important to go dancing.

NashvilleTNUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilletnutefan

Shockingly, a top 4 seed in the conference tourney is very much within reach. The best path to that is a Colorado win tonight over Oregon and obviously us sweeping the road trip. If us and Colorado win tonight, the game on Saturday effectively becomes a play-in for the 4 seed. Beating Oregon on the road will be a tall task, not sure we’ve ever beaten them on their home floor that I can remember.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

We have one single win in Eugene in the PAC12 era (and just 2 in Salt Lake)

Easily our hardest conference opponent since we joined.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Utah is 4-22 versus Oregon in MBB. Just maddening to play them. Even when they were mediocre and we had good teams, they still found ways to beat us.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Does the 4-22 record include the time we beat them in a very low scoring game in the tourney when Swoop was on stilts and reached down and beheaded the Duck mascot?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

My heart says to make the 2 hour drive to Eugene. My head says don’t waste the money.

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

ALWAYS go with your heart

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Sadly, the road Utes have shown up, as expected.

Carlson had a great game senior night, but this game and his previous couple weeks haven’t been good, and somehow, he’s adding turnovers on top of his not playing well.

I really want to like Smith. He’s got energy and seems likable but quirky. But his teams don’t seem to improve. If anything, they regress, as they are still making the same mistakes, but on top of that, they then add new mistakes or problem (like Carlson having more turnovers).

If the Beaves were really this good of a defensive team, they wouldn’t have 4 conference wins, and the same for their shooting. But not only are the Utes making one look good they’re making both look good for a bad team.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

After I typed this, Carlson started to play better at least

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

Well, at least Carlson isn’t going down without a fight. He’s picked it up and then some

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

As I and many others have said for a large part of this season, Smith needs to go. We have more than enough of a sample size to know that he’s not the answer. It’s nothing against him as a person, he just hasn’t delivered the results we were expecting when he was hired. That being said, I’m absolutely certain that Harlan will not fire him at the end of this season. He stil has three years on his contract left and Utah won’t want to eat that. So, I guess we’ll have to see what happens hext year in the Big 12.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) OH NO IT’S ROAD GAME DAY!!!!!