Once Larry K is gone.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      4 3

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Hopefully it’s this year. Is your first call Alex Jensen ? I think he checks all the boxes.  

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Alex Jensen would be fantastic. I hope he’d be at the top of the list of candidates Harlan would consider.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Where do you think Alex will be in July of 2023?

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

It sounds like Alex has been considered for some NBA head jobs and College head jobs lately. So I doubt he’d still be available in 2023. But maybe he’s really happy being on the Jazz staff for right now while he waits for the right opportunity

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Who’s going to cover the buyout?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Maybe Larry will “retire.” 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Alex is a great coach and would head the list of folks with Utah ties. I think Utah ties are great but not key. I do agree that if we have a top paid coach we should have results that are commensurate. But as we try to finish the season as well as possible I don’t want to burden the players with the additional load of worrying about a lame duck coach. The best possible thing that can happen over the next few weeks is for the players to grind to their best possible results and the new recruits to look forward to coming in. Concern for next year, I think for me, is better saved for after the season. However, I am older and not in the position to ’86’ a year in progress and start thinking about down the road. If I had 30 years of Utah sports to enjoy, I would enjoy trying most anything you like. Over the last few years Larry Scott drove me a bit crazy but I found myself with 50 parts trying to enjoy Pac sports and maybe 1 part trying to imagine what a better Comish would be like. I am also an optimist, so I enjoy looking at the slim possibility that if we continue winning we could bump Oregon out of the top 4 for a first round bye in the conference tournament. After the season I do wonder what will take place. The next 4 weeks will have lots of impact on that.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Regardless of school ties, Alex has two of the critical success qualities necessary for Utah basketball success.  He’s a great player developer and x’s and o’s guy.  Much like his mentor, but with much better people skills.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

You have a problem with Big Rick’s people skills?  haha. 

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

People skills might be putting it lightly. Some of the stories are bizarre, but I loved those teams. Truly the golden years of Utah basketball.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

I’ve known a few geniuses in my day, including Big Rick. Most of them are f’d up somewhere.

Yergensen
                Ute Fan
                @yergensen

Rick was indeed a genius. Whether you liked or disliked him, I think everyone would agree on that point.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Once Larry K is gone.