Only way Utah loses is…

Viewing 3 reply threads

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

– Utes commit multiple dumb turnovers, like goal line fumbles, high snaps, tipped pass interceptions, etc.

– Multiple dumb penalties, like holding in the red zone, Lloyd commits targeting, etc.

-Terrible special teams play, like blocked punts, kickoffs returned for a TD, etc.

Utah has done all those things this year, so they could lose. If they don’t do those things, I think Utah wins somewhat comfortably again.

Bottom Line- Tavion Thomas is too good, the TE group is too good, Cam Rising makes too good of decisions, and Utah’s defense is too good to lose if both teams play a clean game with few mistakes.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I always prep myself for the worst when it comes to huge games like today.  However, I like Utah’s chances today better than any other year in the PAC12 championship.  

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Exactly right. The only games Utah has lost or where the final score was close, was when Utah turned the ball over and/or and had special team errors.

The BYU game is the exception, but the o-line was just so terrible back then it’s irrelevant to compare what happened in that game and apply it to the team right now. Rising’s mobility was literally game-changing early in the season because it counteracted the porous o-line play until they finally gelled. I really, really wish Rising could have played in the BYU game. The entire complexion of the game would have been different. But alas, 9 out of 10 is still utter and complete domination. They can have 1 win every 12 years. 🙂

Bottom line: Utah wins comfortably if they don’t turn the ball over and make other bone-headed mistakes.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

What if they make smart turn overs?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Only way Utah loses is…