ONLYU

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Thank you again for the insider info. I love seeing your posts. Wondering if everyone is good to go this week. LO, Mariner, Tufea. Anyone else not playing that we should be aware of ? I’m already assuming Thompson is redshirting and not playing this year at all. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Mariner has been practicing this week but Lo hasn’t as of yesterday.  He’s close though so not ruling him out yet.  50/50.  Tufua is also probably a game time decision based on how he warms up/if he warms up.  

Thompson getting closer but redshirt likely.  

WEEN-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @ween-ute

Are you HeartlessUte from utefans? Just curious, sorry if I’m wrong or offended you by asking.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Nope…Don’t post anywhere else.  Don’t read any other message board except Tony’s creation here.

St George Ute
            Ute Fan
            @stgeorgeute

You are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you for your posts and contribution to this site!
            Go Utes!!!

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

If I could like this post a million times I would! Wait. Hold my beer.

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

Sets a new record!!  LMAO!!!  Thanks Tony.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Mariner DID NOT practice today so maybe a setback.  Tufua ran with the two’s today so he should be available.

TribalUte
        Ute Fan
        @tribalute

Onlyu, confidence level in landing Jayden Daniels?

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Lol…can you read a teenage boy’s mind??  Cause if you can there’s a paid spot in most programs across the country!!  My two cents is that we were at a slight recruiting disadvantage with Huntley as a Junior and the highly rated Tuttle waiting in the wings as a RS Freshman for the next two classes.  Good problem to have but that’s gone now.  As it stands today the prospects of earning early playing time increased significantly provided they feel comfortable coming in and competing with what’s already in the program.

I feel comfortable in saying we will get a high quality replacement and it very well could be Daniels.  75%+ as of today.

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

Thank you again sir.  Does a thing like this get in the team’s head at all?  Or is everyone staying focused for SC?

Onlyu
              Ute Fan
              @uf8fl

He doesn’t play…not sure how that affects them negatively on the field.  SC isn’t hard to get up for or stay focused for by the way.  Media and fans make it a distraction though and most in the program are at least bothered by the decision but it’s “All in or in the way” at the U.  If he’s not all in he shouldn’t be shoulder to shoulder with any of them.  

Jack is a great kid…high character, good teammate, etc. was well liked but made the decision to leave.  He still has friends here and always will.  That’s behind us now.  

These kids have all grown up in an era where parents move kids around left and right when their kids don’t win a job, earn playing time or think they’re getting screwed by a coaching staff or a system.  They hear it in the car, at the dinner table and in the media (at this level) and become convinced they’re getting hosed.  The values of working hard, improving, committing everything you have to achieving a goal has given way to immediate satisfaction.

It’s completely normal to them now so it doesn’t freak them out as much as you’d think.

AvidUte
      Ute Fan
      @jaredbalder

So who is our 3rd string QB now? Lisk? Or is it Chase or Covey?? Haha

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I vote covey. Do I have a vote?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.