Opinions on future of PAC

Viewing 8 reply threads

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

With all the rumors flying around, I’ve been intrigued in what most Utah fans want with the future of the PAC 12:

A. Remain at 10 teams
      B. Expand back to 12 teams while bringing in SDSU and SMU
      C. Expand to larger than 12 with G5 teams

I personally prefer 10 because I think it’s the best way to create a competitive conference with 2-3 teams always competing for spots in the top 10 nationally. I also think 8 conference games would be smartest but I don’t see it going that way any time soon.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Agree on 10, unless adding more brings in SUBSTANTIALLY more revenue.

Staying at 10, with the new expanded playoffs increases the odds of getting more teams in.

Go Utes!

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Stay at 10

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I mentioned this in another post. My ideal situation would be to survive this round then in 2030 get aggressive and merge with the best of big12, San Diego State and UCLA comes back to their senses and leaves the big10.

1. Utah
      2. Colorado
      3. Arizona
      4. ASU
      5. Washington
      6. Wazzu
      7. Oregon
      8. Oregon State
      9. Cal
      10. Stanford
      11. OK State
      12. TCU
      13. Texas Tech
      14. San Diego State
      15. Kansas
      16. UCLA

I wouldn’t be opposed to some sort of merger with the ACC having East and West divisions.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

I can get behind this

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The remainder of the PAC will merge with the remainder of the ACC and take the best B12 teams with them in the next round. It’s not going to be a B12 merger. Had they not ran out and added 4 G5’s and are trying now to get Uconn, maybe, but they’re too watered down now.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Stay at 10, the hard part with that is keeping Oregon and Washington from getting poached.

The pac12 will need to sign a competitive media deal to keep everyone from jumping ship.

2 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I had a dream last night that Notre Dame joined the PAC.  That would be nice.

I just want this crap to be over.  The endless speculation is nauseating.  Let’s get this done and move on.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

10 teams, 8 conf games.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I think I’d prefer 10 teams with 8 conference games.  I would be fine with adding SDSU since they would be a good enough fit, but I am not sure who you bring along with them that makes any sense (SMU? Really?).

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

I’m on the get a deal done, add SDSU and SMU for SoCAL and TX recruting and riding out the storm until the next iteration train.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Opinions on future of PAC