Pac 12 domination

Viewing 2 reply threads

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

I keep hearing and seeing online all this talk about how BYU dominated the Pac 12. I was curious how BYU stacked up against the Utes in average point differential against PAC 12 opponents, so I did a little math. If my numbers are correct, BYU was a +6 average in their 5 PAC 12 games. The Utes were a +17 average in their 9 PAC 12 games. Obviously BYU has scoreboard this year vs Utah, but the Utes have truly dominated the PAC 12 in 2021, and hopefully this trend continues next week.

3 6

charlesh
      Ute Fan
      @charlesh

I think the utes got stronger during the season.  Cougars got weaker due to injuries. Lucky for us we beat you early in the season. 

6 4

charlesh
        Ute Fan
        @charlesh

Both utes and cougs got beat by MWC teams. No?  So a little humility may be appropriate for both schools. 

15 3

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Meh.  Give credit where credit it due.  If we were still a G5 and we beat 5 Pac12 teams we’d be pretty excited.  They knocked out five teams with superior recruiting.  That’s a testament to the job Kalani is doing down there and I have a hard time rooting against the guy.  In fact, I root for him enough that I hope he finds a bigger program to go to in the off-season (Washington, maybe?). 

10 1

Crow
        Ute Fan
        @crow

We were a G5 and beat 5 top 25 teams and 4 that finished in the top 25. But we didn’t act like the condensending ass hats byu fans are. Don’t you remember dealing with them during the 80s they were unbearable to be around just like now.

6 1

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

How could I forget? I’ve done a reasonable job of putting that school on ignore so I don’t see their chest puffing too much. For me, I try to think of the good/reasonable BYU fans. There are a few, and for them, I’m ok with their success this year. Now, Zoobs…those jackweeds can get bent.

11 1

GunthersRevenge
        Ute Fan
        @eldonbkimball

I definitely agree, BYU does deserve a lot of credit and really legitimized their 2020 season. Kalani has done a great job down there. I think i just heard the BYU won the PAC 12 South joke about 100 times too many.

5 1

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Easy to root against Kalani. He’s the worst.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

To each their own…

7 3

Milton Vanderslice
          Ute Fan
          @miltonvanderslice

I can understand it if you don’t like Kalani, but worst?  He doesn’t even sniff Roscoe’s jock strap when it comes to the worst.

Italy88
            Ute Fan
            @itacoatiara22

Meh, for being a young guy, I guess I’m old school. Hate his stupid antics on the sideline. I’d be embarrassed to have a coach that acted that way on the sideline.

Milton Vanderslice
              Ute Fan
              @miltonvanderslice

I remember him acting this way on Utah’s sideline.  I don’t think he pours it it on any more in his current role than he acted as Utah’s DC.  That being said, I get what you are saying.

6 1

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Totally agree, well said Backer. Good for Kalani and the Y. I realize the annoying part of their fanbase makes it really difficult to be happy for them. But I like to think they are the vocal minority.

BYU has pretty much had a decade of complete irrelevance with nothing to cheer about, whereas our program has risen to new heights once thought to be impossible. 1 great season for them doesn’t change that. They would need to show they can do it again and again over a period of several years IMO. Maybe they can do that and maybe they can’t. If they can’t, this year will just be seen as a flash in the pan.

But it’s still clear to me that they’re trying desperately to catch up to us and want to believe they’ve done so, while knowing they really have a long ways to go.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac 12 domination