PAC12 Media Poll

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Utes end up third behind USC and UW. This is basically what I expected. We did get six first-place votes (2 more than UW). I know some of you are not high on UW. I think they will be very good. O just hope we play well in Seattle and come away with a win.
      PAC12 Media Poll

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Phil Steele picked USC to win it as well, but had Utah, Washington, and Oregon all tied for #2.

This is going to be a tough league!

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I love this line:

The media has correctly selected the Conference Champion in 33 of 62 previous preseason polls, including six times in the 12-year Football Championship Game era.

Media groupthink is apparently only about 53% accurate.

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Almost like they print things not to get fired. Few writers are as protected as Wilmer, who seems to like to print things to upset BYU fans. 😂

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

We’ll see how UW does with a tougher schedule this year….I’d be shocked if they emerge from it with a record like last year’s.

Our success rides in large part on CR’s health, obviously….But he should be back to normal [or close to it] as we get into conference play.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I watched UW play a lot last season and I think they could be a very good team.  Yes, they lost to ASU in a WTF game.  We have had those too.  Yes, their schedule was not as tough as some, but I am glad we did not play them last year.  Penix is an excellent QB and the Seattle media claims they have strengthened their defense.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Outside barely beating UO in a rivalry game, what did UW accomplish last year that impressed you?

They might be good this year, but all the preseason hype comes from doing well against a weak schedule last year.

prestitute
            Ute Fan
            @prestitute

They beat a really talented Texas team to finish the year while we and USC folded in our respective bowl games. UW should be really good. I think we can take them, but I don’t get s**tting on them either. They were super similar to us last year in terms of results. Playing them up north hasn’t exactly been easy for us, either, so I won’t go marking this as a win until we actually play.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Extra motivation for this Utes team and staff, who seem to thrive off of this type of motivation.

Go Utes!

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree and like it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football PAC12 Media Poll