11 4

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Please don’t schedule BYU

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

BYU sure is puffing their chest right now. Realistically, playing BYU right now makes no sense if Utah is trying to get in conference games. This being brought up by the media is all click bait for advertising purposes in SLC to fire up rivalry talk that outside of Utah is meaningless.

Depending what happens during the USC game, Utah may be better served playing teams of the same level as BYU’s schedule to give new players reps and build confidence.

IF Utah plays USC this weekend, we’ll get a good picture right out of the gate how good the Utah Oline and WRs are able to take the next step and compete with the top athletic talent in the P12, something both these groups have yet to demostrate over the past two years against the top athletic talent in the P12. WRs and Oline have to step up in a big way agianst USC for Utah to have a chance of winning. Go Utes!

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Correct you are Trailgoat.  I’d rather play a “makeup” game with UCLA or Arizona, than to schedule ybU-p.  I’d even rather play an impromptu game vs. UWa, Wazzu, Ore, Stan, or Cal than ybU-p.  But outside of those league games, I see nothing wrong with scheduling the indy-WACers THIS year.  What a way to shut ’em up.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

“something both these groups have yet to demostrate over the past two years against the top athletic talent in the P12”..common man. They have held up just fine. Back to back title game appearances is proof that they are competing just fine in all areas.

Huntley wouldn’t have had the year he had if he didn’t have a good O-line and WR talent. If both were sub-par, he’d have had to have first rd NFL talent to put up the numbers he did with the completion percentage he had and we know that he wasn’t that kind of talent.

bopahull
            Ute Fan
            @bopahull

I thought the O line showed alot of improvement during the season, then Oregon and Texas happened and made me wonder why the O line was so completely porous. Big dissapointment in how poorly they finished last year.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Pac12 to allow non-conference games