PAC12CCG

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

What if the Defense went to a 3-3-5 this week and had Bernard spy Gaskin?  I think we could knock Gaskin out of the game by the end of the first quarter, all clean hits. 

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

I would say bring more of a 4-3 look ( Bernard, Hansen, and Barton being the LB’s) and shut doen Gaskin. He’s been a thorn in our side for it seems like 7 years now. Bring run blitzes as well as extra pressure on passing downs. Browning struggles against pressure. We need to trust the secondary to cover 1 on 1 this game. Utah’s D will be at full strength, and hopefully p**sed off with something to prove.  Covey will also have extra motivation after the last UW game

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think this is the answer. Having three big and fast LB’s should help. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Always liked the 4-3, but it’s a trade off. I’d rather have a roving DB and get pressure with 3 DTs and blitzing Cody and Chase. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

*clean hits by whose standards?  

Remember we get PAC12 refs again. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Any hit on St. Jacob Browningeth is a dirty hit. It’s like hitting Jesus. 

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

I’m actually curious about this.  With the abysmal bowl record last year, do they ease off on the targeting so that the conference does better in it’s bowl games?  Do Pac-12 officials have that much foresight?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

This is a question I have often tossed around. Are pac officials so dumb they are smart or are they just dumb?

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Sweep the leg. It’s more effective. Or whack him before the game.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.