Paying tribute to Ty in the 2021 season

Viewing 8 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I know the University will do something, but I hope it’s something big and noticable. Imagine how awesome it would be to replace the logo at midfield with “#22” or something like that.

uteinzoobcounty
      Ute Fan
      @uteinzoobcounty

Maybe they can all wear #22 coaches, players, fans. It would be a great tribute

4 1

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

If I had to guess, it will be a jersey patch or a helmet sticker. It’s really something that the team will grieve more than the fans.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Start the first game with a run play to Ty. Retire#22… something like that

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

I team kneel, hands held, a minute of silence in dedication seconds after winning the PAC12 championship!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The Jordan family is really in pain this year. His mother died in August after battling Cancer since a diagnosis in 2019. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30600621/utah-utes-rb-ty-jordan-pac-12-offensive-freshman-year-dies

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

My guess? There will obviously be a moment of silence, probably a patch as well. I think the players though take this next season as a chance to take all the frustrations from this season, and the unreal passing of Ty, to put the pedal down as far as they can.

I can’t believe he was running against Wazzu just a week ago, and we all couldn’t believe just how great he would become at Utah. I think this will do a couple of things, moving forward.

1. I think he will be the great “what it”. I heard someone say he was the next Barry Sanders, it is hard to say. Regardless, he looked incredible, for the short time that we got to watch him. 

2. (and I hesitate to say this, it is what it is though) This is a great opportunity for a newcomer to join the team, and destroy some fools. The recipe, and the history at RB for Utah is what it is. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a high level player join the team, and join Bernard in the backfield. 

Lastly, there is never a good reason to have a loaded gun in your pocket. If the reports are true, it really is hearbreaking to think of the events that caused this tragic event. Ty was 19, and his star wasn’t just shining bright, it was about to absolutely explode. I hope that moving forward, everyone will think twice before doing anything with a loaded weapon. And yes, this is based off reports, could be  that things end up vastly different when everything is released.

Heartbreaking.

9 3

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I don’t want to be the one to take all the heat, (and I’m sure I will,) but I will say that if you choose to carry concealed, i.e. carry a gun in your pocket, you’d better be versed in the rules of gun safety, and the legalities of using it for self defense. To say that there is NEVER a good reason ignores the legitimate interest in self defense which those of us have chosen to train ourselves, and understand the responsibilities and risks involved, have legitimately engaged in.

If guns weren’t being cast as such a taboo in our society, perhaps we could teach our children the deadly seriousness, and safety rules that could keep ourselves safe from this kind of tragedy.

Crazyforu
          Ute Fan
          @crazyforu

Totally fair, and I agree with you. Just unreal. 

4 10

Waybackutefan
          Ute Fan
          @waybackutefan

Why not wait a couple of days to say it. First of all there are no details. Second of all f*ck guns. 

10 1

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Because it’s the truth. Why don’t we teach our kids basic gun safety? It could have prevented this.

Crazyforu
              Ute Fan
              @crazyforu

Exactly. No loaded gun, no issues. Hug those you love, and please do all you can to stay out of harms way.

While losing Ty is still fresh for everyone, this will always be relevant.

3 6

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

No guns would have prevented it just as well.

Johnny
                Ute Fan
                @johnny

There will always be guns. Whether you like it or not. Gun safety is something every person should be taught.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I would like to see the university to start selling “Ty Jordan” jerseys with all the proceeds going to his family.

I know I’d buy one.  What a terrible tragedy.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Take the first kickoff and kneel at the 22. Call a timeout and the entire team comes out and takes a knee for a moment of silence.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Paying tribute to Ty in the 2021 season