Penalties in the secondary

Viewing 5 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’m a little worried about potential penalties on our secondary tomorrow night. If we are able to successfully take away USC’s run game and force them to throw a lot, do we worry about holding/PI calls? We had a few PI calls in the Stanford game that kept drives alive for the Cardinal. We had at least one defensive holding call in the Arizona game as well that extended a drive. 

Maybe I’m thinking about it way too much. But in the PAC12 where the officiating is questionable at best, and it seems like at times favorites are played to keep marquee teams in a position to win, should we be worried about penalties on our CBs/safeties making a significant impact on the game?

alharmon
      @alharmon

I’m worried about that as well. I seem to remember a lot of PI’s/Defensive Holding against Washington State when they played USC a few weeks back. There could be a couple reasons for that, but it seems like that could be a potential problem the Utes have tomorrow. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Well our guys are going to be going up against a bunch of 4-5 star athletes. They will do well, but may get burned now and then and may resort to holding or PI.  It’s likely to happen a few times.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

It’s going to happen, just prepare yourself for it.  USC will connect on several long passes and we will also have several holding/PIs as well.  

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Worrying about officiating in the PAC 12 is really not worth it. Utah has had some bad calls for sure. Washington being the worst. I am happy with a fairish sort of game Zona and Stanford were. 

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

We have to go down field enough to force the refs to be honest.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Penalties in the secondary