Perfect time for a bye

Viewing 4 reply threads

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Bye couldn’t come at a better time for both the team and the fans. The potential was there for a great year. We won four games on next man up and a stellar defense.

Reality has taken over. Best case Cam and JJ come back and we make run. Worst case we developed our young QBs and Rbs. Think positive and let’s support each other and the team. I’m going to calm my expectations and let things play out. I’m taking a chill pill.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I agree – the team needs a bye and so do I. 🙂

EMUte#2
      Ute Fan
      @cbanders5

Great point. Hopefully, if we can’t get Cam back, we get Rose back. If would be fun for the freshmen RB’s some time. I feel we got some good ones. I honestly thought Cam would not make it back, due to his knee. 9 months is a fast recovery. If you have told me we were 4-1 at this point, I would have taken it. I would be happy with 8-4 this year and then win our bowl game. This was my realistic view on this season.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

Thanks EM. I think some of us old timers have a different expectation and hope. I’ve only missed a handful of home games since 1973 when I was a student. So have seen all the highs and lows. It’s been a fun ride. Fortunately there was no social media in the 70’s or we would have had a real reason to bitch. 2-5 win seasons against WAC opponents and getting beat by the cougars every year!

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

If development of the young guys actually takes place then it can be a positive. But what we’ve seen the past three games is just bad offensive football without signs of improvement.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

Good point Ghost. The Cam or bust ends with Cal. Either he is in or out. If out let’s see what the young bucks can do.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

The potential was IS there for a great year.

There is nothing written in stone that Utah can’t win out, even with their current personnel.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Perfect time for a bye