Phil Steele…

Viewing 2 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

When someone has been doing this for decades, it’s hard to disagree and it sounds about right. 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/03/03/phil-steele-ap-preseason-top-10-prediction-college-football?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Seems about right. I wouldn’t be surprised if the AP puts Oklahoma ahead of the Utes. The one I don’t understand is Oregon. Am I the only one that didn’t think they were great last season? They also lost their best player and I don’t think Bo Nix is the answer at QB. Probably a step up from last year though.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

On Riley’s show, PS said we would also be in his Top 10.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Preseason rankings don’t mean anything. However, they’re a great show of respect to the program and great exposure for recruiting.

Phil Steele has been like 99% accurate with predicting the AP’s preseason Top 10. And so I’d be shocked if we aren’t ranked around #8 but certainly in the Top 10.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Which sounds about right. If you look at rankings since the CFP started (2014): one loss P5 teams usually end up in the top 6; two loss P5 teams end up in the top 12 and 3 loss teams go down to around 20 depending on SOS and who they lose to.

#8 pretty much means 10-2 regular season and wins in Bowl/CCG. Team Composite Calculator would give you 9-3 (losses to Florida, SC & Oregon). I wouldn’t say that anything between 6 and 15 would be out of line for 2022 Utah at this point.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Phil Steele…