Portal Dos and Don’ts

Viewing 3 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m hoping that these 18-19 year olds that are entering the portal have good counsel and have a landing spot before submitting their names for a transfer. Don’t be one of those guys that thinks that he’s the cat’s meow but come to find out that you have a limited market. Matthews is a short but quick receiver. As far as measurables are concerned, he fares very poorly to the vast majority of the receivers found on the rosters of USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington. And, not all change is progress. Dorian Singer transferred from Arizona to USC after last season. He went from being an All PAC-12 1st Team WR to the fourth or fifth option at USC and was a straight up bust. He went from a marginal 1st RD pick to possibly not even being drafted. Whatever the case, his ill-timed move will end up costing him a ton of money down the line. There are lessons to be learned from what happens to other people that took a similar path as you’re about to embark on.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

From 66 receptions and 1,105 yards 6 touchdowns to 23 receptions 276 yards and 3 touchdowns. And he would have been great with Fifita.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I imagine that, deep inside, he’s suffering from an extreme case of buyer’s remorse.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Fools hope. Numbers alone shows that all of these kids think they are the cats meow.

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

There are lessons to be learned from what happens to other people that took a similar path

I think there is a whole lot of ‘chasing the money’ going on in college football right now (not just the players) and not much ‘learning from the past’.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That’s a sign of maturity..something which, naturally, a lot of these kids don’t really have. The prevailing mentality is “that won’t happen to me, I’m different.”

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Portal Dos and Don’ts