Position concern going forward

Viewing 7 reply threads
      5 8

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Hi, New to the message board.  Quick intro.  Ute allum living in Idaho.  Coached High School Football for awhile.

Having gone back and watched the game again without all the drama, I can’t help but notice the LB not named Bernard is a serious liability.  I’m not here to single anyone out and certainly there is a steep learning curve and big shoes to fill but he seems totally out of place.  He basically held up a blocker the entire game.  Speed, instictiveness, aggressiveness were all absent.  Seriously he just looked lost when the rest were ball hawking.  Just sayin as one who has been around football a long time, I am worried.  To be great we can’t have just a warm body at that position.  Go back and watch…Really hoping he can get up to speed fast

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Ute Alumnus. sorry typing fast

3 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

You’re probably more of a football savant than I am, but he was tied for the most tackles on the team with 5 and had three solo tackles.

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

I havent watched game again but seemed like his assignment most the night was to shadow wilson. That being said, didnt hear his name on runs. But need to review tape.

2 4

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

^ this.  

What they got is a player who is athletic but doesn’t really know how to play the LB position.  Coaches/ homers keep saying he’s getting better but I don’t see it.

I like your insiight – keep posting 

6 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

It’s nice that you’re not clever enough to not put your sock puppets.

Also, he’s a sophomore.

Also, he had several tackles.

Also, any time Whitless agrees with you is a sign that you’re wrong. Although that by itself is certainly not dispositive.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

That was a vanilla defense. Very plain. I am not worried at all. Utah gives up nothing until USC.

3 1

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Soooo now there’s a Pace in Michigan, Idaho. I’m sure another “poster” will be appear from Spokane and “like his insight.” *eye roll*

1 1

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Just an observation wondering if anyone else saw the same. I guess not.

I’m the first to admit I hope I’m wrong.  Going to be addressed in film this week I assure you…

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The only question I have is will Utah run that defense against any Conference opponent?? It is just hard to take anything from the film. Utah held them to 12 points to I just don’t find it worrisome.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

all i remember was that he had a great tackle on Bushman on a 3rd and 2 and that play forced a BYU punt

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

It wasn’t a great tackle imo. Knocked him back a bit but the pursuit (blackmon) cleaned up if we are thinking of the same play. I agree 100 percent with OP on this one. I’m not worried but Lloyd looked stiff, didnt shed blocks, was caught inside, beat on the reverse. Did have a couple good flashes which gives me hope.

I’m most interested in seeing his improvement next week if he still gets the start.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Position concern going forward