Positives to playing USU.

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Possibiity of beating a conference champion vs. beating the third or fourth best independent team.

Logan vs. the bubble.

Healthy brotherly competition vs. playing your weird cousin.

It’s a real rivalry 98 games played vs. second most games played.

USU fans (at least my friends) are decent people vs. enough said.

Playing USU helps their program vs. playing a team you’re decimating their program.

USU’s program is ahead of the other team at this time, and I think will stay that way due to conference affiliation.

alharmon
      @alharmon

I’d be fine with this.

1. Wouldn’t play TDS.

2. Their fans would be so unbelievable upset about it and it would be hilarious.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Let’s not play either. 

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I’ve been saying this for years.  Utah vs USU, is the older more histically significant  rivalry, and as long as we play only one of the two, and do it in the first three weeks of the season, I would be all for dropping BYU in favor of USU.

However, we all know the power base in the state legislature would never allow this.

Too bad….

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

That’s what they did in 2015 (the year they played Michigan in Rice-Eccles). Utah’s three non-conference games that season were Michigan, Utah State, and @ Fresno State. Of course, they ended up playing BYU in the Las Vegas Bowl anyway. Remember, playing BYU in the regular season takes away the ability for bowl organizers to force us into a matchup with them in the post season. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Positives to playing USU.