Proud

Viewing 1 reply thread

BoxerUte
      Ute Fan
      @erichagen

This team deserves nothing but praise. To all the haters crying about Bernard playing, what a bunch of boobs. Utes did what they could with all injuries at Db. Yes it sucks to lose, infact it hurts bad. However in my opinion we proved we are a great team and program. Let’s hope Rising is ok. 

3 5

MaximusUTE
      Ute Fan
      @maximusute

Thumbs up or down? Don’t know what to give it. Like the grit. Don’t like the outcome of Bernard. I can’t believe we resorted to a RB for the assignment. No DB at all??? Wow?!? Defense wasn’t around today. Two stops in a row in the first half doesn’t get up it done. Utah made me proud though. This was a step in the right direction. A learning experience. A BEGINNING.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Ask yourself this question: Would coach Whitt start a RB at CB if there was any option that was better? If the answer to that question is no (it is), then you have no reason to complain or wonder about why.

Lets not forget that one of our key backup players in the secondary was brutally murdered.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I see 10 CB’s listed on the Utah Roster. Unless the 9 not named CP3 were unavailable for the game, Bernard should not have been needed.

To be clear, Bernard at CB was not the reason Utah lost. The whole defense allowed a Heisman finalist to have a career day.

For the topic at hand, one has to wonder why there was not an adequate replacement available at CB. Bernard is obviously an exceptional athlete but it is Shah’s job to make sure all of his CB’s are ready should the need arise. And if the kids at that position are not capable of stepping up, there needs to be some portal action. Those incapable of competing at Utah’s level should be looking elsewhere and a couple of game ready replacements should be brought in for 2022.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.