Puka Nacau: Punchers chance for sure..

Viewing 4 reply threads

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

OnlyU “We’ve got a good story to tell…50/50 IMO..” (Post from last night)

– UW has eleven WRs on the roster and one committed in 2019.
      – USC has ten WRs on their roster and three committed in 2019.
      – Utah has thirteen WRs and three commits.

Most think UW has the best shot at Puka and UW is still interested (Link). The Huskies made a huge impression on Nacua and his mother when they made it to Seattle to meet with new receivers coach Junior Adams.

KSL’s story has three sets of pictures of Nakau’s visits at USC, Utah and UW (link) – It’s obvious his mother is an important part of his decision making.

Latest 247 Crystal Ball Predictions. Washington 33% (edited) – Utah 17% – BYU 17% – USC 17% – Undecided 17% (Link)

No doubt Puka will pick school with the best chance for him to succeed in college, and later in the NFL. I wonder if Utah has asked future Hall-of-Famer Steve Smith to talk with Puka Nacau?

Onlyu’s assessment of 50/50 is probably accurate, however… My bet UW (unfortunately) – Jason Eason’s decision to transfer to UW will be decisive. If not UW then Utah.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

crystal ball says 33% U Dub not 17%

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Utah has 10 receivers including Vickers and including commits.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Puka has until April 1 to decide :)! Good to know his mom is involved. What gets overlooked in these decisions is where will the kid have the best experience. Would be cool to see him playing with his brother.

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

Here’s the pitch I would make to Puka. Come to Utah and enjoy the unique opportunity of playing alongside your brother. If, after a year, you decide that it’s not for you, then we’ll grant you a full release to transfer to any other school in the PAC-12. We will appeal to the conference to waive the conference transfer rules.

My guess is, if he came here, he wouldn’t look back because he’d be starting from day 1 and probably have a ton of passes thrown his way. But giving him that transfer assurance might ease his mind a little and up our chances

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Puka Nacau: Punchers chance for sure..